Stomach ache after eating eggs

Martyn F

In the Brooder
May 17, 2020
Ok here's another question does anybody on here ever suffer with stomach ache after eating their eggs if so would anybody have an explanation or have ever heard of this?
Thanks in advance.

I haven't heard of this. Are you fine with eating store-bought eggs?

I really don't know what could cause this, but my first thought would be the chickens' diet. In some groups I am in on facebook I occasionally see people asking about chicken food without certain ingredients they are sensitive to that are passed to the egg like kids with a severe corn or wheat allergy. They share research that has demonstrated that some of these things do indeed pass to the egg and eggs without certain things in their diet are ok for these people, but eggs from chickens that do consume the food the person is allergic to have caused reactions.

I don't have any first-hand experience with this at all, but this would be something I might consider looking into or at least change the chickens' diet up a bit and see how that went.

I haven't heard of this. Are you fine with eating store-bought eggs?

I really don't know what could cause this, but my first thought would be the chickens' diet. In some groups I am in on facebook I occasionally see people asking about chicken food without certain ingredients they are sensitive to that are passed to the egg like kids with a severe corn or wheat allergy. They share research that has demonstrated that some of these things do indeed pass to the egg and eggs without certain things in their diet are ok for these people, but eggs from chickens that do consume the food the person is allergic to have caused reactions.

I don't have any first-hand experience with this at all, but this would be something I might consider looking into or at least change the chickens' diet up a bit and see how that went.
OK thanks makes sense thank you.

Have you ever been told you have an allergy or sensitivity to Sulfa? I am allergic to feathers and eggs... I can't have anything with down in it. Eggs...I just don't eat them a lot...if I do, I get a stomach ache.

Yes, I absolutely cannot eat eggs without severe stomach pain that lasts for hours. Egg intolerance is a pretty common thing. Today I ate a duck egg for the first time, excited as I've read that some who can't tolerate chicken eggs are fine with duck eggs. No such luck for me, here I am in bed feeling like I'm going to die.

Back
Top Bottom