Stool softener or bra?

Esther is at the vet now. They are surgically removing the mass. I will update with the prognosis, what was inside, and the recovery. Thank you for the advice and confidence building to learn how to tube a chicken. Everything has given me a chance for more learning. I will build up my emergency kit more and definitely be more prepared for the next time. I have decided that routine crop checks in the evening should be done when I head out to grab the rooster.
Thank you!

Esther is at the vet now. They are surgically removing the mass. I will update with the prognosis, what was inside, and the recovery. Thank you for the advice and confidence building to learn how to tube a chicken. Everything has given me a chance for more learning. I will build up my emergency kit more and definitely be more prepared for the next time. I have decided that routine crop checks in the evening should be done when I head out to grab the rooster.
Thank you!
How is she?

How is she?
Update!

Esther is doing great! She is irritated with her "T-shirt" but home and absolutely STARVING!

Here are a couple pics of what was removed. It was gross and smelly and I'm thinking would not have passed with my inexperience and sub par skills mixed with a bit of ADHD brain :wee

EDIT: to add that this is, what I believe to be, hay. I thought I was helping by putting some down on top of the snow to give them an area outside but I clearly was not.
PXL_20220328_215950786.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20220328_220011534.jpg
    PXL_20220328_220011534.jpg
    488.7 KB · Views: 2
Update!

Esther is doing great! She is irritated with her "T-shirt" but home and absolutely STARVING!

Here are a couple pics of what was removed. It was gross and smelly and I'm thinking would not have passed with my inexperience and sub par skills mixed with a bit of ADHD brain :wee

EDIT: to add that this is, what I believe to be, hay. I thought I was helping by putting some down on top of the snow to give them an area outside but I clearly was not. View attachment 3041658
Lovely! Glad she's doing better!

That photo definitely doesn't look "lovely" though... poor thing! I bet she feels so much better with that gone!

Back
Top Bottom