STOP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I quit cold turkey - bater put up - no hens sitting - then I heard a "chirp, chirp" and one old hen had hid her nest in one of my flower pots and hatched out seven "barnyard banty's" Sneaky old girl!
lol.png

I added eggs last night to my incubator then sat down and figured they would hatch on THANKSGIVING DAY!! Yeah, it was incredibly hard but I removed them. I will add them in a few days so the miss the holiday, since we are usually gone!

It is definitely a sickness and addiction, I just can't seem to stop myself!

You know what gets me mad. When I say no more hatching till next year then a good deal comes by. like 30 pure breed for $20 and shipping included. Why do they have to do that!!!

This is ot, but I just visited your site, Solsken, and I just have to say that the picture of the farm with the horses is absolutely amazing! Beautiful! now I wanna go to Maine! ( but maybe in the spring?)
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
It is not denial, it is remission. We have to take care of our chickens though so they will have to wait to treat us for our illnesses.....no one else will take care of these little ones!!!
wink.png

gig.gif
HA! All of you! THanks for nuttin'.

My poor dh realized this morning there was another incubator hooked up.
roll.png
It had been sitting unopened on the piano for 2 days. He has stopped commenting.
lau.gif
It does keep me off the streets.
big_smile.png

Becky, search Brabanters and you will see a thread with pics of my kids. I really love them.
love.gif

So, here is what is cookin'.....

Welsummers, Buff Orps, Cuckoo Marans, Wheaten Marans, Copper Black Marans, Copper Blue Marans and I have some Blue Wheaten Ameraucanas coming. I am definitely done for the year. DONE, I say!

My 12 step program begins now.

I refuse to open the BST forums.
I will sell some chicks and started birds.
I will pack up the incubators when these are done.

I will try to post a picture of the eggs on a thread. They are all so pretty!

love.gif

Ok.. Had to share OUR addiction problems,

Here it goes, Hello, we are the Taylors and we are so addicted to chickens that we can think of nothing else(besides our 6 human children) except chickens. We had 2 bators going till yesterday , now down to one , but it is being cleaned now , and more already being saved to go in the bator in a few days. We started this as a hobby , just a couple hens and a roo, and now , we have over 80 chickens and counting . The good thing , if you are doing this as a side job , pocket change, by the time these hatches are older in the spring , you can get more money out of them as they should be ready to lay soon after spring. If you are doing for your own keepings, then well , you will have a lot of chickens and eggs for yourself and you can always sale the eggs. We started out with one breed , moved on to the RIR and Red Stars , and now we have , or had till yesterday when we sold some , 12 different types. So yes , it is an addiction, but it is a good one. It keeps my kids busy by helping with them , there is 3 teenage boys so you all know the trouble they can get into , and it helps teach the younger ones responsibility, the 2 year old even helps to feed . So I am happy to hear that you are addicted. IF this is your last hatches till the new year , u really do not have long to wait.. Just 2 months and you can hatch again. Good luck everyone , and if anyone can find a way to slow us down , let us know , while I love it , I would also love a break every now and then from sitting up all night and insuring a good hatch and that no babbies die.
yippiechickie.gif
:cd:jumpy

Back
Top Bottom