Stop pecking at my (*&&^* legs!

Glad to hear we all have one little bugger in the group! Mine is also a BR that has found the lowest place in the flock why I don't know. She was at the top and has done something to the others to earn this spot.

She has always been a jumper and will jump and peck at my hands, also has tagged me in the back of the legs a few times with or without shorts on (or long pants)! I started swiping at her when she would give me that look, but what she really wants is to be picked up she then cuddles up in my arms, head tucked in and closes her eyes while I rock her. That goes on for about 5 min. then she wants down back to the eggciment.

Funny her sister BR has taken her spot high up in the flock I nursed that bird twice back from death and can remember the one night that she could not figure out how to get in the coup and Bardbie came out and got her and lead her back in and now they have switch rolls?

hu.gif

we use coop boots too! I think they are great b/c you can hose them off after. Mine still peck at my feet, could be zebra print pattern on the boots, though...

I have 1 SS pullet that has done this since she was a baby(6 wks) and didn't mind so much but it can be surprising if I am not aware she's about to do it. she did OK this summer when I had shorts on(I DID give her a few smacks when she got the bare flesh) but now that my jeans are on again she's back at it. I am the only one she pecks so guess its not a huge deal. shes very submissive and easy to hold so you find yourself tolerating naughtiness?
24064_pa030197.jpg
Lacie(low right) is probably spoiled.

Quote:
My Cochin and Orpington love picking at my nail polish!!
lol.png
They must like the sparkles in the polish! My Cochin also loves pulling on sweatpants, my boots and he thinks my shoelaces are the coolest things ever, he has to call the girls to show him what he found!
lol.png
They are pretty funny!

I have a couple of hens that do that when they want up. They give me a quick peck, sometimes hard & immediately squat to be picked up. They cuddle in, so sweet.

years ago my father in law had a roo that would peck at him and "charge" him. One day he picked him up to stick him in his cage and that roo did the same thing youre talking about..snuggled right down! After that you'd always  see my father in law with that silly bird tucked up under his arm or sitting on his lap or shoulder .../img/smilies/thumbsup.gif

Maybe you should give your girl a BIG hug !
I will try that pick him up and put him under my arm

Back
Top Bottom