Stop smoking support thread...

That is very eye opening. Yes I agree with you, she will only do it if she wants to inside herself. I know what you mean about your sister. My brother has been the same way. Although I was not asked to go pick him or anything. He would disappear and then end up in jail and my parents would get a phone call to come bail him out. After several times of bailing him out, they finally said no you are on your own. You created the problem, so you fix it. He got better for awhile after that but he still goes back to his old ways. He does not want to change.
I think what you have decided to gift to her is wonderful. The way you are presenting it allows her to make her own decision on what to buy. Halo is pretty good as far as a stick ecig goes. It will not produce as much vapor or favor as mine....but it is pretty decent and will give her what she needs to decide to make the switch. The G6 kit will come with 2 ecigs and 1 charger and some atomizers to get her started. I may suggest getting a pass thru from Halo also. It plugs into the computer and uses the power directly from the computer, no charging needed. Then if she is charging batteries and without, she can use the pass thru to get by. Something that was not available when I started but become available. I tried it when the pass thrus first came out but they had some issues so I ended up getting my money back and they pulled them off the shelf to fix the issues. So they should be pretty reliable I have not used the new version since came back on the market so take it for what it is worth. There are many other Ecig companies out there that sell the stick type ecigs....I tried a green smoke first and did not like it so I returned it and got my money back. I actually think it was their juice that I did not like, but I did not know that at the time. Several months went by and I decided to try again so I got a Halo G6. Their juice was very good and that, I believe, made the difference. I stuck with my Halo G6's for a year or so, constantly purchasing batteries and more chargers. But in the end I did get off cigarettes so no matter how much money I "wasted" on Halo, it was worth every penny! Halo is the one I have had experience with, so that is what I have talked about, but there are MANY out there to choose from.
I would HIGHLY suggest her ordering extra atomizers and juices from everywhere! To give her many flavors to try, as she may think she doesn't like vaping but it is actually the juice she tried that she did not like, as was my first experience. If she tries a juice and does not like it she will need to throw that atomizer away as it will always hold the flavor of the previous juice, so I would throw it away and start with a new juice and atomizer until I found one that I enjoyed. Once she finds a juice she likes it will make the switch easy, as she will crave the flavor of her favorite juice rather than her burning cigarette. If she will STOP smoking when the ecig comes in and has been charged and ready to go. Give it a good 2 weeks to get used to it. She probably will not be tempted to go back to cigarettes. That is what I did, I told myself I could vape as much as I wanted as long as I didnt smoke. Within 2 weeks when I would normally think about smoking a cigarette, my e cig came into my mind instead. I did not want the taste of a cigarette anymore, even when smokers were enjoying their cigarette having a few drinks right in front of me. I pray for her success in making the switch and blessings for your family. Let me know how it turns out!

Have not been on this thread in a while but I hope everyone is feeling good about wherever they are in the battle.

A friend of mine told me to just look at it like "practicing" quitting. Like, even though I go back to smoking, if I can make it most of a day, then a day, then a few days, I am getting "better and better" at quitting.

Maybe silly, but makes me feel better.

I am at like 5 day stretches without a smoke, then usually 2 or 3 cigarettes in a day. Instead of being mad at myself for not doing better, I am trying to feel good about making this far. I relish the days that I don't smell like smoke and I can tough it out, but I try not to beat myself up on the days I get frustrated and bum a cigarette from a friend.

Wishing everyone all the success in the world!!

Wanted to update a bit of the info I posted earlier.....I ordered my regular tobacco flavored juice from Smokey Mountain Vapor and it came in COMPLETELY different than what it was before. I am so horrified and disappointed! I called and asked where the juice was that I had always used and he said that they were now mixing their own and that he was not ordering the old juice anymore......SO now I do NOT recommend ordering from them as it pretty much tastes like perfume as most others do.
sad.png
So the hunt is on to find a new juice.....if I do not find something I am happy with I will be quitting my e cig for good as vaping is not enjoyable without a good juice.

Wanted to update a bit of the info I posted earlier.....I ordered my regular tobacco flavored juice from Smokey Mountain Vapor and it came in COMPLETELY different than what it was before. I am so horrified and disappointed! I called and asked where the juice was that I had always used and he said that they were now mixing their own and that he was not ordering the old juice anymore......SO now I do NOT recommend ordering from them as it pretty much tastes like perfume as most others do.
sad.png
So the hunt is on to find a new juice.....if I do not find something I am happy with I will be quitting my e cig for good as vaping is not enjoyable without a good juice.

I hope that you were able to find a suitable replacement, gg706. If you were not, it isn’t the end of the world. All of the things that you enjoy with your vape, you can continue to enjoy without vaping. The morning’s cup of coffee, cocktails with friends – whatever those things are, they can be just as good without smoking or vaping. After you purge your system of the nicotine (about two weeks) you only have to deal with the habit, and you have already done that when you stopped smoking. Let us know how you are doing.

Have you tryed Heather's Heavenly Vapes gg706? I stopped smoking last July useing her juice. Background is I smoked for 41 yrs and did not think I would ever quit..I stumbled onto her site and never looked back..I do mostly tobacco flavors but I do love Mocha Java Smooth and so others. Please find another juice you like. I would hate to hear you went back to the stinkies as your health will improve if you can stay off of them..PM me if you want. Always here for anyone's support.....Becky

I wont go back to cigarettes....I will just give it up. I will NEVER be a cigarette smoker again...EVER! I have not tried her flavors...I will check it out, Thanks! I still somewhat enjoy Halos Tribeca flavor just not the same as what I was using before. I don't know what he was thinking changing the juice! He had a good thing going...lost a customer here.

Last edited:
Hay gg706, how’s it going? Were you able to find a replacement juice? Guess what – DW is puffing away on an E-cig!
celebrate.gif
She is still smoking cigs, but trying to cut down on them by substituting E-cigs now and then. She tells me the gratification isn’t instant like cigs, but given a few minutes, and the need goes away. I have to be careful not to trample her parade; so all I can do is stand back and give her room to search for her own way to quit.
She told me something interesting. She finally decided to try and quit because she found herself wanting to light up even as she had a lit cigarette in her hands! For her, it was a solid indication that the cig business is adding things to their product beyond what is advertised.
I hope that all the rest of you folks who are trying to quit haven’t given up trying - hang in there!

Sorry for not responding...I haven't been on BYC for months!
That is awesome she is giving it a shot! Has she found a juice she loves? That is key!
Thank You balbrt1 for suggesting Heather's Heavenly Vapes her juice is awesome! My new juice is Huntsman! It tastes very much like my old juice, I am VERY happy with it!

Back
Top Bottom