Stopped growing! Tiny little 7 week old chick

I seem to be having the same problem. I have 21 good sized at 6weeks and one tiny one (looks about 2-3 weeks old) and they all hatched and arrived together. Mine is a Dominique. I'm a newbie, how do I deworm? I'm guessing a medicine. Why would this happen to one and not the others (they're all together)?
So the problem with mine wasn't worms. And I am seeing this very commonly now in other peoples flocks (ducks, quail, turkey, and geese as well as chickens). They are simply the runt of the hatch. Mine is growing at a normal rate now, and began to do so when I sold all her siblings. She's kind of lonely but has a massive brooder to live in and is surrounded by quail in neighboring cages/brooders to keep her company. Her head feathers grew in and she has more than doubled in size since she started growing again! She was 135g when I removed her siblings:

Attachments

• minichickweight.jpg
    minichickweight.jpg
    488.9 KB · Views: 5
So the problem with mine wasn't worms. And I am seeing this very commonly now in other peoples flocks (ducks, quail, turkey, and geese as well as chickens). They are simply the runt of the hatch. Mine is growing at a normal rate now, and began to do so when I sold all her siblings. She's kind of lonely but has a massive brooder to live in and is surrounded by quail in neighboring cages/brooders to keep her company. Her head feathers grew in and she has more than doubled in size since she started growing again! She was 135g when I removed her siblings:
thank you for sharing. I’ve kind of let mine be & just give her a little extra attention to make sure she’s growing & not having complications. She’s still smaller than the rest but she’s happy & healthy.

I have a runt as well. I think it just happens sometimes. She's laying now, she's still slightly smaller than the rest but towards the top of the pecking order. I noticed very early on that her crop is smaller than the rest of my flock. I felt that as long as she grew I wouldn't worry about it and here she is now laying eggs and doing splendidly.

I have a runt as well. I think it just happens sometimes. She's laying now, she's still slightly smaller than the rest but towards the top of the pecking order. I noticed very early on that her crop is smaller than the rest of my flock. I felt that as long as she grew I wouldn't worry about it and here she is now laying eggs and doing splendidly.
Oh great!

Back
Top Bottom