Stopped growing! Tiny little 7 week old chick

My birds stopped growing at 4 weeks. When I picked her up, light,bony feel to her.
I wormed her, she started gaining weight and is beautiful 14 weeks now.
My thought when reading op post, immediately, was worms.
Good luck!
Did the dewormed bird grow to match the size of her peers? Asking because I’m having the same issue, extremely small/underweight chick despite eating a lot and finally started getting bigger after deworming. I’m wondering if she will eventually catch up to normal size or chronically end up smaller.

Did the dewormed bird grow to match the size of her peers? Asking because I’m having the same issue, extremely small/underweight chick despite eating a lot and finally started getting bigger after deworming. I’m wondering if she will eventually catch up to normal size or chronically end up smaller.
Yes! She matches her siblings now. Indistinguishable from the others. She's on the far left.
Also, since I was worming her, I figured worm em all. So I did.
20210614_174017.jpg

Attachments

• 20210614_174017.jpg
    20210614_174017.jpg
    818.5 KB · Views: 2
Yes! She matches her siblings now. Indistinguishable from the others. She's on the far left.
Also, since I was worming her, I figured worm em all. So I did.View attachment 2720726
That's awesome, so glad she's now thriving. Do you know how she may have gotten worms? Can you share what dewormer you used? I have some 8 week old bantam chicks raised in indoor tent brooder that seem a bit too thin and lightweight compared to the larger, heavier chicks, so wondering if they somehow got worms, maybe from the vegetables I give them, and thinking if I should deworm them. They all seem to be growing except for the 1 runt Wyandotte bantam I got.

That's awesome, so glad she's now thriving. Do you know how she may have gotten worms? Can you share what dewormer you used? I have some 8 week old bantam chicks raised in indoor tent brooder that seem a bit too thin and lightweight compared to the larger, heavier chicks, so wondering if they somehow got worms, maybe from the vegetables I give them, and thinking if I should deworm them. They all seem to be growing except for the 1 runt Wyandotte bantam I got.
Safeguard for goats. I had questions on it so I asked here
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...mon-sense-advice-os-safeguard-wormer.1466596/
And filled syringe to half way between 2 and 3.

Back
Top Bottom