store bought eggs make her kids sick

i have a neighbor that's wife and children cannot eat the store bought eggs, but can eat the ones that come from local farmers and mine.

i am wondering if they wash them with some chemicals? i cannot eat some salads prepared at restaurants without having immediate cramping and diahria ( sorry so graphic ) and I am sure it is what they use to wash it and keep it fresh.

Quote:
Wow. I thought I was alone on the salad thing.
I can eat salad at home with NO PROBLEMS, but if I EVER eat it at a restaurant I am miserable within an hour (same symptoms as you). DH & I have split a salad at restaurants before and it never gets him at all, just me.

I eat bagged salad at home at times, but I always rinse it before I eat it. I have no problems with bagged salad from the store or fresh salad from my garden.

Maybe it is what they wash the eggs with. Maybe it's something in the feed. No matter what, home eggs are best!!!

Ditto on the salad thing. I always thought I was weird. I just don't eat salad out very often. I'll be running to the ladies room in less than an hour.
idunno.gif

Quote:
My parents knew Maharishi very well and he was very disturbed by the American/modern habit of eating food that we didn't know the origins of. He asked my dad, 'What if this bread was prepared by a chef in a bad mood? Should I invite that mood into me?'

Interesting idea-- that where our food comes from effects how we respond physically/spiritually to it.

i could taste the difference the first couple of times..but after that, it really didnt seem all that different tasting to me!

maybe its just me though..

I have read and if you google egg allergies you might come across the articles, that the allergens grow with the age of the eggs. I get an upset stomach if I happen to eat eggs at a restaurant. (which I don't anymore.

Hi Everyone,

I stand corrected on the hormone thing, sorry have had a busy day.

I am not up to speed on these things really, talking from my gut probably...lol.

I have a lot of food allergies, not serious enough to cause any trauma, but just made worse by stress. i think I am just an old welsh woman...lol.

I was brough up out in the countryside and most of my food at that time did not come from agri biz. We kept chickens, ducks and my grandmother had cows and sheep. Butter was freshly churned by one of the local ladies and I think it left a legacy. When I was younger I worked on farms, herded cows slowly with an old dog and drank very fresh milk.

I think you may be right about the age of eggs, but I don;t know the science. I have spent 30 years working in business and I do know the change in principals of business in the "Mordern World" and I know how often it goes wrong.

I would never have believed that anyone was stupid enough to feed cows on animal remains processed into their food here in the UK, or that chickens belonged in tiny cages, lost their feathers, and were killed off after 2 years. This has happened here .... we had BSE, and we have long low grey sheds wih no windows where chickens live to feed the supermarkets.

I don;t know what makes these people sick from processed or agri biz methods of producing foods, but I do know that many people are increasingly being affected by a variety of things that affect their lives.

Me... I like real fresh butter, fresh eggs, beautiful cheese made by dedicated small cheese producers, meat that is grown and has a happy life until it becomes food for us, and the smell of freshly baked bread....lol. I eat what tastes good to me, and gives me the energy I need.

There are so many arguements and I don't know the right of it all only what I feel is good for me... I am happy having my girls out in the garden, and fresh eggs each day, and buying my meat from a local farmer, and doing my best to care about our world and all that live on it.

I am enjoying the experience of going back to how I lived as a child as much as possible and taking with me things I have learned in life. I used ayurvedic principals in some ways, and I live small. lol... I am only 5'3".

I grow my veg, feed my girls, and I avoid stress as much as possible.

Works for me now. Hope you have all escaped the stress of Christmas shops now and can relax and enjoy the season.

Hope the weather is kind to those who have been having any problems.

Merry Christmas,

Jena.

Whether a person believes in energy affecting our food, or not, (I do) there are chemicals and antibiotics in factory farm eggs. They're washed with an antibacterial sanitizer, I have no idea if it's a safe substance or not. So many things are not safe, but we're told they are. They do feed medicated feed, or dose them with antibiotics, and the hens are in horribly stressful conditions, never see the outdoors, breathe ammonia fumes from droppings all day, and are crammed into little cages. This simply cannot produce an egg that is healthy to eat. Sure it passes muster with the corrupt FDA, but so what? Almost anybody who sees those conditions, and also sees how small homestead chickens live by contrast, (unless they see a filthy, badly managed flock, which, sadly, does happen) knows in their gut which is better.

The more natural and un-screwed with your food is, the less likely it is to make you ill. That's just common sense. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

I wouldn't doubt the fact that the store bought eggs could be the problem...I have a similar problem with fruit from the grocery store. If I eat an apple from the grocery store, my mouth gets raw and my throat gets very itchy, BUT if I eat an apple that comes straight out of the orchard where I'm from I don't have any problems.

Back
Top Bottom