store bought eggs make her kids sick

DaveMN

In the Brooder
11 Years
Mar 30, 2008
Moose Lake, Mn
there is a family in town and the mother has found that when she buys regular eggs from the store that her kids get sick/ill feeling but if she buys farm eggs they do not. she was buying farm eggs and the kids were doing fine so she thought to test it out so she put a regular white egg from the store in the food and they got ill again.

her source of farm eggs is no longer available so she has been buying the brown organic eggs from the health food store a couple of towns away and when she found out i have eggs she is going to try a couple of dozen this week and we will see what happens.

what could the difference be that the kids could be reacting too?

It could be the hormones and anti-biotics added to the feed of battery hens.

Just look at the difference in the colour of yolks between our eggs and those bought in a supermarket.

lol... this is just an example of how we have become accepting of the practices brought in to commercial farming to increase profit.

Would any sane person with full knowledge ever buy mass produced eggs again?

Jena.

My MIL is allergic to store bought eggs, she breaks out in hives if she eats them so i had her try mine and she didn't have a reaction, My DH's uncle is the same way. I agree with jena about the hormones and antibiotics, who knows what else they do to those poor hens.

If I ever had to buy store eggs again, THAT would make me sick!
sickbyc.gif

I made a HUGE omlet with my own fresh eggs last night for dinner. OMG I could immediately tell the difference. Even cracking the eggs was different than the store bought ones. Never mind beating them!
I can only imagine with all the crap they feed those poor hens does to the eggs and then the consumer.

I hope it wokrs out for you, selling her the eggs. We cant sell ours since that would make our pet chickens officially livestock.

Store bought eggs make me sick to my stomach. My own eggs I am fine with.

I never had a problem with store bought eggs as a kid, just as I got older. I didn't know if it was me or what, til I began to eat my own eggs and figured it must be something in the battery hens' eggs.

I'll never eat a store bought egg again.

meri

I'm guessing it's the antibiotics. My daughter is sensitive to them too. Most of the stuff at factory farms should be illegal. But I guess that under the stressful conditions they have it is the only way to keep the poor things alive.

Jena, fwiw, commercial chickens do NOT get hormones given to them.

My guess is it may have to do with the age of the eggs, or a hidden allergy to something in the commercial hens' feed.

Pat

Quote:
This is true.

Poultry grown in the US do NOT allow hormones. They cannot be used at all. A common mis conception put on labels to make you think that it is used.

It may be somethig in the feed, or the chemicals used in processing of the eggs to "clean" them for the stores.

Okay, I'm gonna open a can of worms here probably....

I, for one, believe - as many religions do with a variety of word choices for it...in the web of all life. I'm a massage therapist by training so I think of it as energy - some say chi, some qi, whatever. This has been lately popularized by Dr. Bat with the water studies, and "The Secret," among other things.

In life, intention is everything. The intention of agri-biz egg production is to make lots of money while spending the least and doesn't call into account right stewardship of chickens and other resources. That intention will always - 100% guaranteed - bring disaster. Goods and services with right intention (help me out here, Buddhist persons) bring life to both the receiver and the provider.

I suspect many people - not just the family posted about - react to the energetic component of big ag eggs (or any big ag product)...maybe they don't throw up...maybe they instead get fibromyalgia or chronic fatigue or cancer.....

Back
Top Bottom