Store bought greens

Today for $1.50 each I was able to get big bags of kale, turnip greens, and a small bundle of broccoli!

Tossed out a little bit of each...

Chance the gander is loving the broccoli
Ducks seem to like the turnip greens best
Chickens chose the kale
Thunder thighs (BB goose) chowed down on all of it!

Looking forward to their pretty green poos :lol:
Thunder thighs :lau:lau:lau:lau

That is a brilliant idea!

I don't have enough space for my geese to graze constantly so I might try this idea when I get them... what exactly is it that you are growing there?
So far i have grown Winter-Wheat (No, not »weed«!;)) successfully, it needs about 10 days from soaking to when i can feed it to the Duckies. Next i am trying Oats, they have just sprouted and Winter-Rye, just soaked and placed in the bin. Alfalfa is next on the list.

So far i have grown Winter-Wheat (No, not »weed«!;)) successfully, it needs about 10 days from soaking to when i can feed it to the Duckies. Next i am trying Oats, they have just sprouted and Winter-Rye, just soaked and placed in the bin. Alfalfa is next on the list.
:lau I was going to say no wonder your ducks are naughty eating all that weed :eek:

I gather this stuff grows nicely in the garage without sunlight?

I gather this stuff grows nicely in the garage without sunlight?
It grows to the point where the leaves become green and then i take the oldest bin upstairs to the guest-bedroom and place it close to the window, where the plants literally explode. Have to feed one bin within two days or it gets so tall that i would have to mow it. But you can feed it earlier when it is not so green. My ducks just love the greens…

Back
Top Bottom