Kkaysue

Chirping
Jul 18, 2021
Alaska
Ahhh!! This is mostly just a complaint but we are new to chickens and to Alaska so I couldn’t tell you if this is an Alaskan thing or a chicken thing (so maybe someone else can tell me) but within the last two weeks, all the chicken feed has been disappearing from stores and I didn’t think anything of it at first. One of the major chicken suppliers up here delivers on Thursday’s so I just figured everyone was stocking up and then it dawned on me that, nope, everyone is pulling stock and I can’t find any feed. Is this normal? I wish I had known to worry about this. Now I’m floundering trying to find feed for our Cornish cross. Obnoxious problem to be having.

We have similar issues in Hawaii. May just be a supply chain issue (for us the ships are often late/delayed). Our local feed store is often out of supplies. I try to buy at least 2 months worth of feed at a time in case of delays. 🙂
I use Amazon as a back up, they fly stuff over. Expensive but sometimes necessary.

It depends on what part of Alaska. It's very different from one part to the other.
Where DH is working right now, they get a barge once a year.
I definitely can see that. But we live in the Valley, so I guess it just wasn’t a problem I had anticipated. 🤷🏼‍♀️ I can’t be the only person buying chicken feed right?!

Saw a chicken feed supplier recall notice on Tractor Supply website yesterday (from March) - might have to do with a recall of the product that the AK retailer normally carries......
😬😬 oh that’s obnoxious. I’ve been trying to call my feed store all morning but their line is busy so I have no answers yet 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️

We have similar issues in Hawaii. May just be a supply chain issue (for us the ships are often late/delayed). Our local feed store is often out of supplies. I try to buy at least 2 months worth of feed at a time in case of delays. 🙂
I use Amazon as a back up, they fly stuff over. Expensive but sometimes necessary.
That’s what hubby said yesterday. At least we have Amazon as a backup

Back
Top Bottom