Well. I finally got in touch with my supplier and she said that something is wrong at the mill and they are having issues with their “weed”. I don’t know if that’s an industry term or not but they have a huge list of alternative feeds. I put in an order and hopefully they can get me one last bag. 🤞🏻

Oh wow… I asked my feed store here in Cali if they had any idea, they had no idea, they may not be carrying the recalled brand. I can state I have had problems in the past getting the right feed, had to buy the ingredients in big bags and mix my own for a few months during the great lockdown. But mostly those issues are resolved and I can get my feed now. Which is good because it was a challenge finding bulk ingredients. I do not use corn in my feed.

But I also went to the grocery store and found myself wandering around different aisles wondering why say they frozen foods was wiped out of certain things, or why this aisle or that was wiped out of specific foods… it was on odd mix of missing food items.

So here it is the human food.

Oh wow… I asked my feed store here in Cali if they had any idea, they had no idea, they may not be carrying the recalled brand. I can state I have had problems in the past getting the right feed, had to buy the ingredients in big bags and mix my own for a few months during the great lockdown. But mostly those issues are resolved and I can get my feed now. Which is good because it was a challenge finding bulk ingredients. I do not use corn in my feed.

But I also went to the grocery store and found myself wandering around different aisles wondering why say they frozen foods was wiped out of certain things, or why this aisle or that was wiped out of specific foods… it was on odd mix of missing food items.

So here it is the human food.
Yeah, it seems like the weirdest things are being effected by the COVID on the back end. I’m glad your feed issues are resolved. Im not too sure about making my own feed yet but it seems like it would be stressful.

Well I needed a feed with no corn, and in the height of the quarantine naturally no one could get that… so I had to hunt down ingredients. Just for giggles folks try finding a livestock feed without corn… heck I even found alfalfa pellets with corn in it… just try look at different animal foods, it’s in everything.

It was a hunt… I eventually tracked down bags of pure ingredients, such as paddy rice, wheat, barley, sunflower seed, alfalfa pellets, seaweed, millet, and more… then I would mix in a container so much of each. I had to go to different feed stores to get the ingredients.

I read years ago several breeds I was raising can have an issue with corn… thus my search. Anyway it was educational if nothing else.

Back
Top Bottom