Stories of your Chicken Names

Mine get named after characters from books or movies I like

Mary (Little House...we used to have a Laura, but she has since died)
Shirley (as in Anne Shirley for Anne of Green Gables, but my kids didn't think Anne was a good chicken name)
Lorna (my 3 year old named her from her favorite movie in which Dolly Parton plays a character named Lorna...Smokey Mountain Christmas)
Fairlight (from Christy, we used to have a Chirsty, but she too died)
Caroline (Little House)
Mr. Darcy (Pride and Prejudice...he was originallhy Lady Jane, but um....well "she" crowed...)

About 1/3 of my chickens have names, many look the same though so I don't name them. I have an EE named Jolly Roger because she always likes to fly onto my shoulder and sit like a parrot while I do my rounds checking on the other critters, a silver laced polish roo named Buzzard Chick cuz that's what he looked like as a chick lol, an EE named Mean Bird but I don't know why I named her that, she's not really mean....and a black cochin banty named Hopalong. I wasn't going to get her, I had already picked out my chicks but just as we were closing the brooder up she flapped as hard as she could out of there and into my hands. Well, you know I had to get her after that...so glad she 'hopped along'! She has turned out to be very sweet and pretty. Those are my more interestingly named ones :p

Oh, just remembered my avatar pic is Jolly Roger :) She's one of the favs.

Last edited:
I tasked my two children with naming our crew of baby chicks. My son tagged two Golden Comets with "Dogberry" and "Mordekaiser". Both are pullets (uggh). Our third Golden Comet gal sports the name "Nitori", courtesy of my daughter. -next, the bantams. My son dubbed one of the Old English Game bantams "Fleance" (which subsequently turned out to be a pullet). He named the bearded Belgian d'Anver "Miss Babsie" (which turned out to be a very dominant rooster - HA!) "Kuro" was given to our other OEG by the daughter. Finally there is little "Tux" our Japanese bantam (named by my son because she resembled the Linux penguin so much as a wee chick). -cannot say that I would've EVER put these names on chickens.
tongue.png

I tasked my two children with naming our crew of baby chicks. My son tagged two Golden Comets with "Dogberry" and "Mordekaiser". Both are pullets (uggh). Our third Golden Comet gal sports the name "Nitori", courtesy of my daughter. -next, the bantams. My son dubbed one of the Old English Game bantams "Fleance" (which subsequently turned out to be a pullet). He named the bearded Belgian d'Anver "Miss Babsie" (which turned out to be a very dominant rooster - HA!) "Kuro" was given to our other OEG by the daughter. Finally there is little "Tux" our Japanese bantam (named by my son because she resembled the Linux penguin so much as a wee chick). -cannot say that I would've EVER put these names on chickens.
tongue.png
Mordekaiser------awesome. League of Legends much? When my husband played he always played as him haha!

My son has played. -got a kick out of that character and HAD to put it on one of the chicks. Instead of the Master of Metal, our Mordekaiser is Master (or appropriately, Mistress) of Mealworms!
big_smile.png

I have:
Copper- super friendly, has a hoarse voice.
Bronze- copper's twin. if it werent for their tails we'd have a tonne of trouble telling them apart!
Red- darker than the others
Necklace -got her in a moult, her neck is still growing back her feathers
Two-Tone (she could have been our miss thang!)
Flower & Rainbow- My 5 yr old Daughter named these two, both babies.
Sacha- Named by my 16 yr old Daughter
Chloe & Clementine -our two black chickens
Buddy- our rooster

we also have 5 white leghorns....
red right (red band on right leg)
red left
green
white black 1
white black 2....they'd have real names if we could tell them apart or had unique personalities...

Mine are not very original... I have a Roo named "Rodger"(avatar pic), i just thought it would be a good rooster name. Most of my girls don't have names but there's a couple of this years babies that do.. Lacey, because she's got some funky laced-looking feathers & "Princess AKA Sweet Pea", She is my little runty girl that was sickly a while back and ended up being a total momma's girl.

Askew:

See her askew feather?

She turned into this:

Cardboard Chicken arrived with irritation from the cardboard box she traveled in:

She grew into this fine lady:

Stan the Man as a chick:

Now:

Ain't he studly in his hensaver?

Dune- had alot of tan. Pipe-after a singer named pip. Shelley- she would sleep in a shell shape. Grey girl- she has different shades of grey in her. Fowhawk- has a huge fowhawk on her head. Sharpay- acts like shes all that like the character sharpay.

Back
Top Bottom