Stories of your Chicken Names

lol Theoldchick, I LOVE your birds! they are soooo funny!! Gotta love Stan with that macho look on his face!
lau.gif

Thank you!

I forgot about Morse Code. The one looking at the camera

She was always an independent gal

She constantly like to peck at vertical surfaces. We'd hear her in the brooder when at night when all others were asleep. Peck,Peck, Peck. Sounded like she was sending messages to someone in Morse Code.

She'd always roost in odd spots so she could peck on the walls. Peck, Peck, Peck.

She grew into this fabulous hen

Meet Blanche, Dorothy and Sophia. Rose must be running late. It's cooled down some this afternoon and these three decided to come out and enjoy the evening. I think they are standing here gossiping about Rose!

Love it!
yuckyuck.gif

ETA: We used to have golden comets, I tried to talk my kids into those very names, but since they have no idea who the Golden Girls are, they went with Little House on the Prairie names. Which is fine....I am a huge Little House fan.

Last edited:
Our little flock is brand new and quite a mix....we have Millie, who's a buff brama, Daisy, who was named by my friend from Thailand, who's an easter egger and her sister, Bertha who is a true behemoth compared to her coop mates. Then we have Rosie and "S-A-R-A sara, who my two year old named. She always stands outside and spells out "Sara" expecting the chicken to come,lol. They are our two partridge winedots....and then we have "B.D." my husband named her "B.D." short for "bird droppings" because poor B.D. has no feathers and looks like she's a little "different",lol. B.D. is actually the family favorite. We have one more little chick, a Barred Rock, but we don't know if it's a boy or a girl, so for now we just call it "chick". The photo bellow is our dog, Nova and B.D. hanging out in the yard.

Hi,

Well I don't have any movie theme or other theme that I name my chickens after. I should have done that but did not think at the time.

Anyway, our story is this. We have 12 BO hens and 1 BO rooster.

We start the hens names with Miss so we have...

Miss Bossy (alpha hen)
Miss Piggy (eats the most)
Miss America (prettiest one)
Miss Lady (Roy's Favorite Hen)
Miss Kitty
Miss Martha May
Miss Sweet Pea (Most friendly Hen)
Miss Cindy Lou
Miss Katie
Miss Betsey Boo (she likes to sneak up on you like she is saying BOO)
Miss Emma May
Miss Lucy Goosey

And the man of the coop Roy Rooster

We named our latest chick Fridge because it was an egg out of the refrigerator that I was going to use as a decoy but it started growing. Never expected that! Now we have a very cute little silkie Hamburg cross.

Last edited:
Hi,

Well I don't have any movie theme or other theme that I name my chickens after. I should have done that but did not think at the time.

Anyway, our story is this. We have 12 BO hens and 1 BO rooster.

We start the hens names with Miss so we have...

Miss Bossy (alpha hen)
Miss Piggy (eats the most)
Miss America (prettiest one)
Miss Lady (Roy's Favorite Hen)
Miss Kitty
Miss Martha May
Miss Sweet Pea (Most friendly Hen)
Miss Cindy Lou
Miss Katie
Miss Betsey Boo (she likes to sneak up on you like she is saying BOO)
Miss Emma May
Miss Lucy Goosey

And the man of the coop Roy Rooster
Cute naming system! I start all my rabbits' names with miss or mister :) Can you tell all your BO ladies apart just by how they act, or do you have legbands on them or something? I have 5 welsummers and I have only named one because she has a lot more red on her feathers, while the rest look and act pretty much the same. The Cinnamon Queens are the same way, so they don't have names except for one with a lot more white. I pretty much just name my EEs, cochins, and roosters lol

Cute naming system! I start all my rabbits' names with miss or mister :) Can you tell all your BO ladies apart just by how they act, or do you have legbands on them or something? I have 5 welsummers and I have only named one because she has a lot more red on her feathers, while the rest look and act pretty much the same. The Cinnamon Queens are the same way, so they don't have names except for one with a lot more white. I pretty much just name my EEs, cochins, and roosters lol

Thanks, my ladies wear hen saddles that are all different. I try to get ones that kind of go with their names but that is not always easy.
Anyway, with them wearing the saddles I can tell who is who. Even without the saddles it is hard to mistake a few of them because
of their personalities. Such as Miss Bossy (the alpha hen), Miss Piggy (she is addicted to chicken feed), and Miss Sweet Pea (she wants
to be held all the time).

Here is a pic of my ladies and their hen fashions
smile.png

And...Miss Sweet Pea.

Back
Top Bottom