~Story~ The Big Escape CHAPTER 22

Quote:
Okay
wee.gif

Chapter 14
I investigated the peal, or loud sound and it turns out to be just the chicken lady's dog. Phew... that scared me!
Today the chicken lady didn't have school, so it was a 3 day weekend! So, she was very excited for some odd reason. She didn't let us out in the morning- but thye went to the 'store' or something. We were bored, and since the temperature changed, it's hard to ajust with our egg laying. I've been laying almost every dasy though! But, we still manage to get 4 eggs out of us when their are 10 of us who can lay. [1 bloody, 1 molting]
When the chicken lady got home, she had a big box. What was inside the box, you ask? I have just as much of a clue as you.
"Whoa, that's a HUGE box!" Lacy said.
"Egg, yeah! Man, I wonder what's inside." Fern added.
"Pumpkins? Potatos? Apples? Maybe another coop! Wait, it's not that big." Sandy laughed.
We all chuckled, and went up to the edge of the run where the box was.
"Is it just me, or do I hear peeping?" Bell'e asked.
"It's not you, I can hear it too." Chessnut added.
The chicken lady opened up the box... and inside were two silkies! Oh my gosh, I've never seen one before! Why are they... so tiny?
"Awww, they're so CUTE!" Chicken lady exclaimed. she explained to us that they were just chicks, 3 months old. There was a Buff Silkie, and a Blue Parteridge silkie.
"Hi! My name is Doe." the blue parteridge silkie said.
"And I awm Ray! Dwon't huwrt us pwease." The buff silkie asked. Huh. They were still babies, and couldn't talk! You have to admit- they were cute!
All of us huddles around to where they were - when they moved, a couple hens flew away, frightened. Hey, I just noticed I'm not the only one with feather feet!

They played with us in the yard, and told us they were rescued. We went to bed- but they weren't allowed to sleep with us. Man, I can't wait until tomorrow!

71035_img_3549.jpg

Back
Top Bottom