Strange!!! Did my rooster lay this egg?

Pics
Ok...No my girls didn't do it. Only thing I can think is maybe a large owl. No other chickens loose.
I got one just like it....uh....it was from my Jubilee Orpington, and it was her First Egg...they've been Huge & Perfect ever since.....I have No Idea...unless your Roo may be a She.....??

She was confused and going through the action of fertilizing eggs. She is a bitchy ol bird who is bossy and owns the yard..... she crows sometimes its very confusing
interesting. Pics please?
My guess is the rooster dragged it out after a hen laid it.
YES, well done.

Oh, okay, my bad. You kept mentioning she would mount hens and then you would hatch babies, and hadn't mentioned you had a rooster other than her so I thought you meant she was fertilizing them
Oh, okay, my bad. You kept mentioning she would mount hens and then you would hatch babies, and hadn't mentioned you had a rooster other than her so I thought you meant she was fertilizing them
What I actually was trying to say was up until we got new babies she acted like a he, and when those babies were roosters, she went back to being a chicken..... sorry for the confused wording about my confused chicken...lol

Sorry I have been too busy to post. Thank you all for your helpful and silly comments! I didn't find any more eggs or answers and rehomed Zorro last week. I didn't want to keep him in the coop by himself and he was too mean to let run loose. I am told he is now amongst 200 hens and a few other Roos. I doubt they will be able to pinpoint any oddities if they happen. I learned a lot here and very much appreciate all the stories and facts shared!:love

Do you have a picture of this hen? I was wondering how “rooster-like” she looks.
She looks like a chicken because she is a chicken. But she cried when I didn’t have a rooster and she acts like a rooster when she jumps on The other chickens as the roosters do. She is now back to acting like an ol bitty and she is the boss lady of the flock

Attachments

• BA650A15-8FE3-4301-BC59-BA616F15FC9F.jpeg
    BA650A15-8FE3-4301-BC59-BA616F15FC9F.jpeg
    644.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 03785652-DB73-4C93-843A-508A006FE912.jpeg
    03785652-DB73-4C93-843A-508A006FE912.jpeg
    781.5 KB · Views: 5
She looks like a chicken because she is a chicken. But she cried when I didn’t have a rooster and she acts like a rooster when she jumps on The other chickens as the roosters do. She is now back to acting like an ol bitty and she is the boss lady of the flock
Yeah, she’s a hen, not a rooster. Just a very dominant one. Hens will mount each other.

Back
Top Bottom