Strange eggs

Can someone tell me how my eggs are stange looking and have cracks when my chickens lay them?

• I don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Any suggestions

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Duckturken

In the Brooder
Sep 19, 2018
20190826_171208.jpg

They are a variety of ages: 1.5 to 3 years. Every day we get an egg like this. We don't know which chicken they are coming from. We have 21 chickens so the majority of them are fine. We feed them Dumor crumbles, sunflower seeds, whole corn, oats, whole wheat, and sometimes whole barley. Diatomaceous earth and oyster shell grit. We mix it all up.

Maybe keep them just on their regular crumbles, as the extra stuff could be diluting the amount of calcium they need for strong eggshells. See if that helps.

Maybe keep them just on their regular crumbles, as the extra stuff could be diluting the amount of calcium they need for strong eggshells. See if that helps.
Not to mention other essential nutrients...but if only one bird is having this issue it's likely that birds problem, rather than the diet(that still needs to change tho for the long term overall health of them all).

That egg looks like it broke in the shell gland during the shelling process(which takes approximately 20 hours) then was 'repaired' with more calcium application. That can happen with stress and/or rambunctious birds.

Back
Top Bottom