Strange mixture.

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by cheyfrie26, Sep 8, 2011.

1. cheyfrie26

cheyfrie26 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2011
    Ohio
    I had turken rooster that someone said was a mix with a silkie. But anyways it bred one of my black O.E.G. hens and had 3-5 chicks. They have the silkie toe thing, dark skin like a silkie, colored like the black game, and a naked neck like the turken.

2. allmychickens

allmychickens Just'a small town girl

Aug 4, 2011
    Washington
    sooo cute !!

3. allmychickens

allmychickens Just'a small town girl

Aug 4, 2011
    Washington
    pics??

4. Hi! Sounds like a great mix and cute chicks! 3 - 5 chicks is curious. Were there 3 or 5?
    Pics of the darlings would be great!
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

5. cheyfrie26

Apr 17, 2011
    Ohio
    Well the turken had a huge bow tie so I think the two super dark ones with THE SILKIE TOES is his. I only raise O.E.G's and I thought he was neat. Lol. So theres 3 naked necks and 2 chicks with weird toes. Pics soon!

6. MixedBlessings

MixedBlessings Out Of The Brooder

Jun 21, 2011
    Northern Virginia
    I have a chick I knew would be odd who sounds very similar. The chick is from a blue showgirl rooster over an easter egger hen that's colored like a BCM. I suspect it of being a pullet because as I understand it the black silkie skin is sex-linked and if it were a cockerel, it would have paler skin (having one black gene from dad and a normal one from Mom).

Pic:
    [​IMG]
    Size Comparison by Slave2TehTink, on Flickr

7. cheyfrie26

Apr 17, 2011
    Ohio
    Ok, I don't have pictures of the real mother, but I have pictures of the foster mother. Heres pictures of the chicks and the somewhat turkens.
    Foster momma and all the chicks:
    [​IMG]
    The somewhat chick. Its dad is the crazy turken:
    [​IMG]
    Heres the turken chicks silkie legs (note the silkie traits come from the turken rooster, half silkie?):
    [​IMG]
    The amazingly cute chicks:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The father:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 9, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by