Strange mystery man approached my fiancee today...

Gritsar is right on the money...It's cognitive. I do it when I get a migraine...when I start to feel myself edging into panic, I just remind myself that I've had these before, they've never killed me, I can get through it even though it's miserable, blah blah blah.

If I can successfully focus on these thoughts then I still have the pain and misery but the panic goes away and it's what passes for bearable in migraine-land.

I hope the stranger is right and that things work out.

I do it when I get a migraine...when I start to feel myself edging into panic, I just remind myself that I've had these before, they've never killed me, I can get through it even though it's miserable, blah blah blah.

I get migraines too, but they are not the 'kill me now' kind I used to get before my hysterectomy (I know, TMI )

What makes me panic is getting utterly dizzy. As soon as it starts I begin to think about suicide! I know that's ridiculous, and would never actually do it because of my spiritual beliefs, but that's what I think about.

like: "if this never goes away, you can always..."

I think it comes from the 7 years of constant dizziness in my past and the HUGE fear that it will someday come back for good.​

Chickabee19 ... I understand that feeling all to well. My worst "record" one was 9 days straight, 3 of which was in a hospital. I left with the thing. I banged my head against walls, laid down in water hot enough to burn me...you name it. Accupuncture rid me of mine after that 9th day. Then I did therapy for about a year and have not had another one since then (15+ years ago).

a for the talisman...it is no different than carrying a St. Christopher's medal or personal good luck charm. I wear my medicine bag every time I travel. On those rare occasions that I have not...it has not been a good trip. One of these trips I had a moose sit on the hood of my rental car. Not a bad thing unless you consider the fact that I was in the car. LOL

Thanks ceta, it's good to know someone out there understands how horrible it can be!

Mine lasted for 7 years until I had surgery - I had daily dizziness bouts so bad I had to hold on to things to walk around.

From WIKIPEDIA

Gris-gris, also spelled grigri, is a Vodou/Voodoo amulet that protects the wearer from evil or brings luck. This use of the word Gris-Gris usually describes a small cloth bag worn on the person. Inside is placed a mixture of one or more of the following: herbs, oils, stones, bones, hair, nails, grave dirt, or other personal items.

Recreationally, it refers to any implements that aid in the act of making love.

To put the 'Gris~gris' on someone is also to conjure a hex.

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gris-gris_(talisman)"

Quote:
Yes, that is why I said that! (it can also be a bundle of feathers, beads and other thigns you probably don't want to know about, but those are usually the hex-ing kind)
Anybody from The Big Easy?

Quote:
sounds alot like mind over matter.. or placebo effect.

That's what is was thinking.
smile.png
Cool.

Back
Top Bottom