Strange Scabs on Turkey head

Farmerwife1

Chirping
Jun 1, 2018
upload_2019-9-27_10-31-41.png
I went out to do the turkey chores last evening and saw one of them had strange Scabs on its head (this is the first season we have had turkeys). My husband told me he has seen them be pretty hard on each other at times. The turkey is eating and acting fine. I just was wondering if this is from others pecking on it or something else. It's on the back side of it's head, like a little helmet.

Attachments

• Turkey head problem.pdf
    426.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
It's true they're hard on each other, but I haven't seen anything like that... YET. :confused:

If they are being kept with chickens I might look into black head. I have no experience with it but know it is one possibility of things that can go wrong with turkeys.

Lovely group ya got there! :love

View attachment 1919260 I went out to do the turkey chores last evening and saw one of them had strange Scabs on its head (this is the first season we have had turkeys). My husband told me he has seen them be pretty hard on each other at times. The turkey is eating and acting fine. I just was wondering if this is from others pecking on it or something else. It's on the back side of it's head, like a little helmet.
What it looks like to me is that the young tom got the back of his head rubbed on poultry fencing while fighting with one of the other toms.

Back
Top Bottom