Strange skin disease in Brabanter Pullet - PICS

Those picture didn't look good at all. Sorry she got sick.
Keep an good eye on your other chickens. And let us know if it spread or not.
I will send some positive taughts to you and your chickens.
Good luck. We all can learn from this.
Thank you for sharing

PC, sorry. I searched all over the internet and couldn't find a thing. My guess is that it was a fungus or yeast, and she might have had it internally. I would have recommended a betadine wash, but I doubt it would have saved her at that point. I hope someday we find out what it was, I've never seen anything like it.

Last edited:
PC - sorry about your hen.
hugs.gif

I have a thought on her condition and was wondering if something could have gotten ahold of her while she was stuck out during the storms? If so, this could have been her injuries attempting to heal but got infected. That's the only thing I can think of.

Jody

that's so awful looking! It looked like yeast to me.

so sorry... just read that you had to put her down.

Last edited:
In the middle of eating a cheeseburger when I saw those pics....not a great idea....

I'm really curious as to what caused that problem. I've never seen anything like it in any other threads. It does look like some sort of fungal stuff, and reminds me of really bad foot fungus. You said she got left out in the rain a few times? She may not have dried properly.....I don't know.

For the sake of knowledge I hope someone (*ahem*dlhunicorn*ahem*) shows up and can ID the problem. The more you know about something the better you can prevent it! Sorry about your poor chick, and I hope the rest of your flock is okay!

Back
Top Bottom