Stray chicken. She's a beauty! Need opinions.

What a story! I stumbled on to it today and read it straight through. Good luck to you, Gretel (love the name) and your whole chicken family!

I'm another one that just found this thread today and read the whole 'saga of Gretel' (might I suggest this as a name if you decide to publish her biography? :p ) right through! Sorry for the tough times you've had to go through, but so glad you and Gretel found one another!
Reminded me of a stray rooster we took in last year - Ceasar (what can I say, he seemed regal!) someone had dumped him in a friends garden because they knew she had animals, but she doesn't know much about chickens so we adopted him. Sweet little old man spent his last summer with us before dying of, we assume, old age. He made our hens very happy - we can only assume he was the George Clooney of the chicken world because they gathered to just stare at him as soon as he arrived XD they doted on him till the day he died :)

I'm another one that just found this thread today and read the whole 'saga of Gretel' (might I suggest this as a name if you decide to publish her biography? :p ) right through! Sorry for the tough times you've had to go through, but so glad you and Gretel found one another!
Reminded me of a stray rooster we took in last year - Ceasar (what can I say, he seemed regal!) someone had dumped him in a friends garden because they knew she had animals, but she doesn't know much about chickens so we adopted him. Sweet little old man spent his last summer with us before dying of, we assume, old age. He made our hens very happy - we can only assume he was the George Clooney of the chicken world because they gathered to just stare at him as soon as he arrived XD they doted on him till the day he died :)

All these lovely chicken tales, restore my faith in mankind. There are still plenty of kind hearted , compassionate people out there. Ceasars story is worth telling too.
1f499.png

You see Dixie , we are all here to give you a group hug.

Teenagers from Gretel's first hatch. Not her eggs, got fertile eggs and let her hatch them .. she was already broody.

Miss Gretel not happy to have pictures taken! I used my zoom. I tried not to upset her too much! Lol

The chick we left with Gretel. Dad felt bad taking all of them away. He's a big softy. But I think he left the cutest one maybe! Those wing feathers are so pretty! :)
2665.png
2665.png
2665.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom