Stray chicken. She's a beauty! Need opinions.

Sorry that it's taken me so long to get back on here. Chickens have been associated with sadness for me for a few months. I shouldn't have let it get that way, I know. But things are turning around. My ex and I are working things out and things are going really well. Gretel just had a new batch of babies with my rooster Big Al. Big Al is no longer with us though. He died from injuries he got while protecting his ladies. RIP pretty man. We have six babies in all, I'm raising four and we left two with Gretel. Thank you all for continuing to be concerned I really appreciate it. It touches my heart to know that yall care. ♡♡♡
Now for the cuteness!! Here's 4 of the 6...

They are very cute!

I am sorry for the loss of your cock bird Al. Hopefully one of those babies will be a cockerel!

We shall see about the cockerels! I already have three that came out of her last bunch. Lol But they're bantam/game roosters. Gorgeous birds. Beautiful tails. Will get pics of them when they come in this evening for supper and roosting. Lol

Another shot. They're eating and drinking just fine. Will be getting them proper food and water feeders this weekend. Also going to ply them with meal worms and scrambled eggs so they'll tame quickly. :)

You didn't find Gretel, Gretel found you. Having her around has helped you through a rough time. Just like you . She's a fighter. I like that quality in people and chickens. I'm so glad to hear that you and your babes are doing as well as Gretels.

Thank you :) She still isn't "tame" enough to hold or pet but she definitely knows which side her bread is buttered on. Lol and she is a WONDERFUL mama as well as broody hen! Very dedicated.

They are tricky to get pics of. Especially the four in the first two pics!! The two in the bottom pic are roos.. just starting to crow. The gold one in the other group, they hang out seperate, is a roo too! Lol

Last edited:
**** dog got another of my red hens. My Honey :( Can't catch it in the act to shoot it but I'm buying poison today. I've had it!!! Seven chickens that sorry mutt has picked off one by one!! Grrrrrr!!!!

Back
Top Bottom