Stray Maine Coon cat arrived full of matted fur -- UPDATED PICS!

Pics
I'm gonna bet you will keep calling him Lion Kitty since you're used to it by now, but I just had to say he reminds me alot of the cat my Grandma had when I was little...his name was Lionel. He was one of the friendliest cats I've ever seen. He never hurt anyone and would let us kids hold him and carry him around all day. I see nothing with Lion Kitty as a name because we had a Mama Kitty, who was a barn cat and mother (obviously) of a good portion of the barn population and a Shy Kitty, who was a stray and was terrified of people for the longest time.

The claw tips are called "soft paws", and you can put them on yourself (superglue), but my cats spent hours chewing them off, and one was allergic.
Best to trim nails yourself. Keep styptic powder available in case you trim too far.

this is my maine coon peanut 8 yr old male found him on craigslist..man said he brought ticks into home and has young children afraid for them.. well it took u 8 yrs to figure that out .lol he is well under weight must have been 3 lbs dewormed him bathed him fed him well ..now he is hefty around 12 lbs. loves to follow the chicks and ducks and horses in yard..he is indoor and out cat..loves to take bath in water in bathroom sink. everyonce in a while he will get moody but other then that a sweet heart very much dog like...we are so glad we have him here with us...he is 9 now if anything was to happen to him I would get another one of this breed..

here is peanut again drinking from the faucet which we leave on for him cause he likes this and also baths himself in it. too cute good cat ..glad we adopted him from craigslist. didn't seem when we got him they took care of him.. now he doesn't have to worry...happy ending to this story ...

We adore our MC cross! You won't regret the time you put in to your yours! They are wonderful members of the family. Keep it up!
Ours came from rescue and was a matted mess. I would detangle one section at a time, only 10-15 minutes each time and then reward him. I clipped under the impossible matts with cuticle scissors or cut them into smaller sections. It took a long time! He hated the brushing, but now that he is mostly mat-free, it only takes a few strokes a couple times a week to get the loose hairs.
Today BigBob chased a neighborhood cat out of the garden, where I keep my Olandsk Dwarf chickens and new chicks. We like to think he was being the poultry guardian. More than likely he was protecting his mouse hunting grounds. He also does a methodical walk about around our property and a sweep of the garage, looking for mice, when my husband opens the door for him.
Best Cat Ever! (but we say that about all of the ones who have owned us)

Attachments

• 20210506_194243.jpg
    20210506_194243.jpg
    599.2 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom