Stray Peafowl Reported, Need Advice

Those babies in the photo will follow anything with legs you could walk off with the whole flock LOL

Mine were like that... then someone decided they needed to "adopt" them in the middle of the night... at least they closed up and latched the flight pen after they were done
somad.gif

hugs.gif
That is terrible, no one dare try that here, I got a great security system
big_smile.png
and no one lives close by me , the ones that did live aways from me have passed away, lost 5 neighbors in one year, things are changing in the distance.

hugs.gif
That is terrible, no one dare try that here, I got a great security system
big_smile.png
and no one lives close by me , the ones that did live aways from me have passed away, lost 5 neighbors in one year, things are changing in the distance.

Nice pups! (this one looks like our old girl that died this past spring)

The "adoption" was after our Great Pyr died of old age and before the young replacements were old enough to know better. So we are 99% sure our neighbor is the culprit..

Since then the (now empty) flight pen has a new location closer to the house where the dogs can keep a better eye on things.. even with their immaturity their barking will wake us up now... after that the gun takes over.. lol

I catch anyone on my place after dark I will blow em up with these and enjoy doing it.. did I tell ya what a good shot I have become, I use a 3 foot piece of 1 inch PVC to launch them by hand, I can hit whatever i am aiming at
big_smile.png
I have seen a bird stop in mid air when it came after one of my chickens and i happen to be standing on my porch with torch and fireworks in hand it was amazing and i do not think he could hear my chicks anymore after the big bang.

This photo is not mine.. i will not post photos of mine in case they might incriminate me one day .

Love the birds and love the security system, zazouse! Close to 40 birds, huh? Well, I guess I am way behind! If my carpentry skills were better, I think I'd have more by now. I'd recently been looking at plans for a hoop coop made with cattle panels, though, that looked doable. My lone turkey has been cooping up with the chickens every night, but I'd like to get him some turkey company and there really isn't room in the coop for another turkey. Also, it's just sad to see him continually try to romance the geese.
roll.png

In stray peahen news, there unfortunately isn't any. I only work part-time currently, and the neighbor where the bird is hanging out is retired, but somehow we haven't been able to make our schedules mesh. I am more than willing to go over there when she's not home but I don't want to be pushy about it. Realistically, I know this is not as high up on her priority list as it is on mine. Just now she hasn't returned a phone message I left yesterday or an e-mail I left early this morning. She did say earlier she was going to be busy all day today. I just worry that the peahen may either fly off or be victim to a predator before we have a chance to pen it. Well, we shall see.
fl.gif

I catch anyone on my place after dark I will blow em up with these and enjoy doing it.. did I tell ya what a good shot I have become, I use a 3 foot piece of 1 inch PVC to launch them by hand, I can hit whatever i am aiming at
big_smile.png
I have seen a bird stop in mid air when it came after one of my chickens and i happen to be standing on my porch with torch and fireworks in hand it was amazing and i do not think he could hear my chicks anymore after the big bang.

This photo is not mine.. i will not post photos of mine in case they might incriminate me one day .

lol.. nice...

Love the birds and love the security system, zazouse! Close to 40 birds, huh? Well, I guess I am way behind! If my carpentry skills were better, I think I'd have more by now. I'd recently been looking at plans for a hoop coop made with cattle panels, though, that looked doable. My lone turkey has been cooping up with the chickens every night, but I'd like to get him some turkey company and there really isn't room in the coop for another turkey. Also, it's just sad to see him continually try to romance the geese.
roll.png

In stray peahen news, there unfortunately isn't any. I only work part-time currently, and the neighbor where the bird is hanging out is retired, but somehow we haven't been able to make our schedules mesh. I am more than willing to go over there when she's not home but I don't want to be pushy about it. Realistically, I know this is not as high up on her priority list as it is on mine. Just now she hasn't returned a phone message I left yesterday or an e-mail I left early this morning. She did say earlier she was going to be busy all day today. I just worry that the peahen may either fly off or be victim to a predator before we have a chance to pen it. Well, we shall see.
fl.gif

Hopefully you can catch her before anything happens.. keep us updated!

btw.. we love our hoop coops!

Last edited:
roll.png

fl.gif

OM what kind of gees are those? I have tuffed romans and Chinese all of them are white and have been here sence 2009 and I want you to know I got a real surprise this year and he looks very much like those you posted.
here is my alien baby don't know how I got this color when all I have ever had and hatched is white.

The only birds that go into a coup at night here are this years wee peas, they can go into the trees but haven't yet so I just keep closing their pen at night after they go in.

Back
Top Bottom