Stromberg's

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Emchick, Feb 28, 2009.

1. Emchick

Emchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2007
    Colorado
    Okay, I just ordered 4 poults from Stromberg's and every one of them is lively and healthy. I ordered with some kids from my 4-H group and out of the 50 poults NONE have died (The other kids ordered 50).

http://www.strombergschickens.com/

Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
  2. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Please post some pics. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Emchick

Mar 10, 2007
    Colorado
    Better; I've got videos ^^

4. KatyTheChickenLady

KatyTheChickenLady Bird of A Different Feather

Dec 20, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    Thank you for that information. I didn't yet know about that hatchery. Do you know if they hatch their own chicks or if they drop ship from other hatcheries?

5. CARS

CARS Chillin' With My Peeps

Strombergs is one of my favorite catalogs! Much, much cheaper on equipment than some of the larger catalogs. (brooders, lights, etc.)

6. Emchick

Mar 10, 2007
    Colorado
    Yeah, It's cheaper, even the hatching eggs are cheaper.

IDK about the chicks.

7. sandspoultry

sandspoultry Everybody loves a Turkey

Feb 10, 2008
    Eastern NC
    Quote:Strombergs doesn't have any of their own birds, they are all drop shipped

Steve in NC

8. CARS

CARS Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm only speculating but I think that the chicks are not the only thing drop shipped.

I was looking into quail breeding pen, A great price. I looked at a few accessories, great prices.

I think great! They are from MN! I can save some shipping by going a little out of my way next time I am in the Twin Cities.

Well, they don't allow pick ups. Hmmmm.

I take some time to look at the shipping costs a little more. The cheapest shipping rate is NC, SC, and VA. Wouldn't it be MN??? No, MN is in zone five.

One breeder pen costs me almost $11.00 more to ship from a company with a MN address to a MN address than if I lived on the East coast!!!!

Still a great catalog and good prices but I think that their shipping is retarded!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by