Stunted growth ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
will add because i know people go there . vet says likely not mareks
Send pictures with your message!
Mary
did hopefully they will take it as me being concerned i didnt want them to think me ungrateful i love all of the birds im just really perplexed by this one few buddies have chimed in that its probably a failure to thrive and that they have hatched a few like that where they just cease then fade at around 6 months and die and others that keep going but are just tiny

In humans and many mammals, lab testing can ID issues, hopefully to make things a bit better, or at least to provide answers. For a chick, it's not going to happen! Not enough blood to test, and $$$$.
Just try to keep her going if she can, and be humane if she's fading.
Mary

In humans and many mammals, lab testing can ID issues, hopefully to make things a bit better, or at least to provide answers. For a chick, it's not going to happen! Not enough blood to test, and $$$$.
Just try to keep her going if she can, and be humane if she's fading.
Mary
yeah they said pretty much the same thing over the phone (called to ask if they thought it was reason enough to bring her in) explained it and said it doesnt sound like it but if she grows up some more and still has these issues to come in she listed a few possibilities like mal absorption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom