Stupid Drunk!!!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by bheila, Apr 28, 2009.

1. bheila

bheila Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2008
    Kent, Wa
    I hope that the title of my post isn't inappropriate? Sorry mods if it is [​IMG]

I went to my step sons this weekend to help him trim his goats hooves. As I was leaving I came to a 4 way stop. I noticed across the street some ways down that there was a dog smellling something on the side of the road. Then a car stopped to back up to take a look. 2 guys got out of the car to see what the dog was looking at. All of a sudden this thing that looked like a Boer goat laying on the side of the road lifted it's head a little as the guys approached. I was so upset sitting there thinking that this poor goat was laying there suffering because someone drove by and hit it with their car. I wanted to drive across the street to see if there was anything I could do to help or maybe take the goat to a vet to have it put down. I decided it wouldn't be a good idea because I had my 3 kids with me and I didn't know what kind of scene I would be exposing them to.

After turning the opposite direction, feeling horrible and having tears in my eyes for the animal laying there suffering. I called my husband because I knew he was getting ready to leave just minutes after me. I asked him to drive down to see what was happening and to make sure things would be okay. He did.

My husband calls me a few minutes later to tell me everything's fine. I was relieved. Then he say's it was just some STUPID DRUNK GUY LAYING ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD! I was so peeeeved! I wasted my time worrying about a drunk guy laying there. I wanted to go back and kick the him.

Okay rant over! Sorry but this really really upset me. I hate the thought of any animal suffering.

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I hate the thought of any animal suffering too. I do believe that man is suffering. How sad.

3. sparkles2307

sparkles2307 Terd of Hurtles

WOW....thats really too bad...good thing you DIDNT let your kids see that...

4. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Look at it in a different light: If it was a drunk that had been hit and left to die you saved his life.

5. bheila

bheila Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2008
    Kent, Wa
    Quote:I know that he's suffering too. When my husband went to check things out, the guy got up and tried walking into the street. It is sad. I might get bashed for this but I have more sympathy for animals. My husband is a recovered alcoholic of 10 years who drank for 15. I know some of the pain that goes along with "drinkers" [​IMG]

6. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    I feel sorry for the guy. Not because he was drunk and lying on the side of the road, but because he was ugly enough to be mistaken for a Boer goat. I'm not saying that goats are ugly, but a human shouldn't look like one.

7. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:[​IMG] You made me squirt water out my nose!

8. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Don't worry about getting bashed, if you defend him you're enabling, if you say something mean, you aren't being understanding. It's a lose, lose situation. The important thing is you did do something, you made a phone call that could have saved a life, animal, human, or other. I've called about drunks in the road, on the road, wherever. My brother is an alcoholic but luckily keeps it at home, and not out in the street somewhere.

9. sparkles2307

sparkles2307 Terd of Hurtles

Hey now, we are dealing with a very serious situation here at work and if they hear me giggling and snorting back here I'm gonna get in big doodoo!!!! lol [​IMG]

10. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    Quote:[​IMG] You made me squirt water out my nose!

Sorry. I know it's insensitive but I just have this vision of an extremely hairy man with a big goat head laying there.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by