Stupid Drunk!!!!!

bheila

Songster
11 Years
Feb 8, 2008
Kent, Wa
I hope that the title of my post isn't inappropriate? Sorry mods if it is
roll.png

I went to my step sons this weekend to help him trim his goats hooves. As I was leaving I came to a 4 way stop. I noticed across the street some ways down that there was a dog smellling something on the side of the road. Then a car stopped to back up to take a look. 2 guys got out of the car to see what the dog was looking at. All of a sudden this thing that looked like a Boer goat laying on the side of the road lifted it's head a little as the guys approached. I was so upset sitting there thinking that this poor goat was laying there suffering because someone drove by and hit it with their car. I wanted to drive across the street to see if there was anything I could do to help or maybe take the goat to a vet to have it put down. I decided it wouldn't be a good idea because I had my 3 kids with me and I didn't know what kind of scene I would be exposing them to.

After turning the opposite direction, feeling horrible and having tears in my eyes for the animal laying there suffering. I called my husband because I knew he was getting ready to leave just minutes after me. I asked him to drive down to see what was happening and to make sure things would be okay. He did.

My husband calls me a few minutes later to tell me everything's fine. I was relieved. Then he say's it was just some STUPID DRUNK GUY LAYING ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD! I was so peeeeved! I wasted my time worrying about a drunk guy laying there. I wanted to go back and kick the him.

Okay rant over! Sorry but this really really upset me. I hate the thought of any animal suffering.

Quote:
I know that he's suffering too. When my husband went to check things out, the guy got up and tried walking into the street. It is sad. I might get bashed for this but I have more sympathy for animals. My husband is a recovered alcoholic of 10 years who drank for 15. I know some of the pain that goes along with "drinkers"
wink.png

I feel sorry for the guy. Not because he was drunk and lying on the side of the road, but because he was ugly enough to be mistaken for a Boer goat. I'm not saying that goats are ugly, but a human shouldn't look like one.

Don't worry about getting bashed, if you defend him you're enabling, if you say something mean, you aren't being understanding. It's a lose, lose situation. The important thing is you did do something, you made a phone call that could have saved a life, animal, human, or other. I've called about drunks in the road, on the road, wherever. My brother is an alcoholic but luckily keeps it at home, and not out in the street somewhere.

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
You made me squirt water out my nose!

Sorry. I know it's insensitive but I just have this vision of an extremely hairy man with a big goat head laying there.

Back
Top Bottom