Stupid fed-ex delivery man

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by GrayDragon, Nov 12, 2009.

1. GrayDragon

GrayDragon Chillaxin

Sep 2, 2009
    Minnesota
    My incubator arrived yesterday.

The package looked like someone had run it over. Considering it was fed-ex, that may well have happened. My neighbor ran over an unexpected package a couple months ago (unexpected because it was supposed to be delivered to my house but instead the deliveryman left it in front of my neighbor's garage door)

I miss DHL. Never had anything go wrong with DHL. Never had anything go right with fed-ex.

So now I get to wait for the claim to be processed and my new incubator to be shipped out. Wee...

2. SarahFair

SarahFair Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    [​IMG]
    Hate that for you!

3. Rebel Rooster

Rebel Rooster I Will Love! :)

Jun 29, 2009
    Central SC
    My Coop
    That's what happens when a company gets too big to care anymore... or they are too busy hiring folks that don't care! [​IMG]

4. Andi

Andi Chillin' With My Peeps

I laughed when I saw you are also in Minnesota. Been there. I wonder if it FedEx or MN FedEx. Sorry that had to happen to you.

5. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    FYI on Fedex

Fedex Express and FEDEX Ground are two completely different animals

Fedex Ground is a private franchise, owned by individual owner-operators

Fedex Express is a completely seperate company, really in no way affiliated with Fedex Ground

6. Andi

Andi Chillin' With My Peeps

That explains a lot! I didn't know that.

7. gudrin

gudrin Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 30, 2008
    Minnesota
    Every time we've gotten something Fed-ex, the box at the very least looked like it was run over. At lot of times the items were broken or just generally not in good shape. UPS, no problems. We just don't use Fed-ex any more unless we absolutely have to. That and we have a UPS shipping center right in town. That's great. That said, I'm in Minnesota as well.

Andi: West Central Minnesota covers a lot of ground. PM where, we may be neighbors!

8. Jamsoundsgood

Jamsoundsgood Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    Olympia, WA
    My little rant hijack on UPS drivers. Well, ours in particular. We have a circular driveway. One day my dh was parked in the middle of it so that he could get into the garage. So you would think that the UPS guy would just back out of the driveway, they do it all the time. Nope. He drives, and parks, on the grass. So of course I go out and politely (almost) ask him to next time not drive on the grass. After all, we live in the Pacific NW and in the winter if he did that his truck could not only sink down a good foot or two, the resulting mark would be near permanent. So, the next week when he brings a package he brings a package he just barely puts it on the house-side of the fence line and marks it as leaving it on the driveway. I didn't even know they could do that. If I hadn't seen him coming, and hadn't been looking for the package, who knows what would have happened to it as the fence is a considerable distance from the house. Vindictive, no? We've requested all our shipping go through the PO since because of it. Of course, just this past week my mom sent my daughter a package through UPS and it seems to have gone well. Apparantly he's a Lord of the Rings fan, and since we named her Eowyn, it's all good. We are now the coolest people on his route. And our lawn is safe.

9. chickenlover54

chickenlover54 Henely Hatchery

May 20, 2009
    Northern Illinois
    UPS= U People Suck truck LOL

10. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

We must be lucky here, our USPS mail person is great (they will put packages in the barn if nobody is home) The UPS and FED EX people are just as good - if the weather is to be nasty I just put a note on the front door "please place box in the barn". works like a charm every time. You can request your package to be held at the local office and go pick it up yourself if you don't want the truck driving to you and messing up your lawn. Also, each box can be tracked as to who the driver is. Make a complaint if the driver has issues and gets enough complaints they won't be a problem any more. They work alot of hours and even more so this time of year for the holidays.

Steve in NC

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by