Stupid me just called tractor supply....someone STOP me

Ours had silkies a few weeks ago-two of them to be exact-I got them, they look good, crested-maybe white
smile.png

They are mixed in with the mixed bantams-which our TSC hasn't gotten a batch of since
sad.png

Well I thought it through for a fews hours and decided I have to go see the silkie chicks and they were all GONE, was I ever disappointed ! The only girl that knows chickens was there and said they were Def silkies....ugh I guess that'll teach me
sad.png

Last edited:
SOME TSC actually do get silkies in. I spoke to my friend who is the general manager of a store out by me who told me that it is not set in stone that they won't get them. He was just out at a meeting in Tennessee and for some reason or another this was brought up. The stores have some discretion as to what they order… There are some stores that will actually order straight run silkies from the hatchery. I was sad to find out that mine was not one of them… dang!

If you're looking for someone on here to stop you, you're in entirely the wrong place. On the other hand, they may beat you to the TSC and buy up all the chicks.

Our store has been getting a few silkies every week with the bantam assortment. It is up to the disrict manager. I work at a TSC and I am raising SQ silkies so I know what I am looking at. I even have one of the whites here that was a injured chick and I felt bad and brought it home. Only thing is remember the ones from TSC are hatchery grades, like mine only has 4 toes on one foot and five on the other. Another silkie chick we had was six toed on one side and five on the other.

Last edited:
Yeah and you have to get there the morning the chicks come in to get the best pic.
The TSC near me sells out very fast so if you wait one day the chicks could be all gone.

I just happened to swing by after a dental appt that morning
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom