stupid racoon

dianahuffman

Songster
8 Years
Nov 11, 2012
i had a problem with a racoon first a hen vanished with out a trace not even mess of fathers right out the pen then my setting hen right off her nest she died defending her eggs but what took the cake is when my belove rhode island red rooster was snatched right off my front porch so i set trap with piece chicken sure enough 2 days later there in the trap a BIG FAT coon well i have not have problems with vanishing chicken since wish i set the trap sooner my poor rooster

R.I.P. My Beloved Brown

I have had so many raccoon attacks here, but no kills! The first time was about a year ago when they tore right through the chicken wire. Then they broke a slide bolt completely off the coop door. Then they tore all the screens off the windows. Tonight however, the raccoon was attacked by the local pack of coyotes. It was the worse sounds I have ever heard coming from the woods but I hope they killed it. My coop is now everything but bear proof!

Try a trap....piece of bread with some peanut butter. They are very cheap at Tractor Supply. I had this fat coon on camera till last night. Released a long way from my coop this morning. Girls were very happy.....

We have many predators here (bears, bobcats, etc.) and we have avoided serious problems with a 5 wire electric fence. Still see some around once in a while but I avaid shooting almost everything EXCEPT racoons. I shoot them on sight.

well i had my neibor shoot it before i opened the cage and he was stubbling as he walked away so i think he died anyway i just could not bring myself to do it

Back
Top Bottom