Solved "Subscriptions" vs. "People You Follow"

Discussion in 'Site Problems, Issues, & Guides' started by WesleyBeal, May 16, 2017.

1. WesleyBeal

WesleyBeal Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2016
    Douglas County, Minnesota
    Have a question about how "People You Follow" works.

On the old site, most of the content in my subscriptions (Watched Threads/Watched Forums now) was based on users I subscribed to.

BYC generates A LOT of content, and I haven't been up to making the kind of lifestyle changes necessary to keep track of everything, so instead when I identified someone that sounded like they had insights I was interested in, I followed them. Then any of their posts would be added to the display of my subscriptions, and I could follow along.

When I navigate to Watched Threads here on the new site, I don't see that content. At least one of those users I follow has posted here on the new site, but I haven't found where that information is displayed.

What is accomplished by following a user? I assume that means their posts will be displayed somewhere, but haven't found where yet.

Thanks!!

KikisGirls likes this.
  2. BYC Support

BYC Support Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    When you follow a user, their posts show up in your news feed. Hover over Account on the right and click on "Your News Feed".

WesleyBeal and KikisGirls like this.
  3. WesleyBeal

Nov 28, 2016
    Thank you!

4. KikisGirls

KikisGirls Be Happy! Read more. Premium Member

Jul 31, 2015
    Houston, TX
    My Coop
    I love the green SOLVED box/picture/icon...what ever it's called!

5. WesleyBeal

Nov 28, 2016
    Seems useful to me too. Don't know how it showed up. I'm sure there's a button I can click somewhere, just haven't spotted it yet.

KikisGirls likes this.
  6. BYC Support

BYC Support Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    It is a thread prefix, moderators and admins can apply it to threads in this subforum.

KikisGirls likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by