Pics

3bird

Crowing
5 Years
Apr 2, 2017
Rockland, Maine
My Coop
My Coop
I'm in the duck run, so I have not done a full search yet, but I'm hoping to get some help. Piglet is a one-year old Silver Appleyard male duck. Yesterday evening he was limping, and this morning it was worse. We started Epsom salt soaks and he was getting around but not like usual. Today he stayed in the run while everyone else was out--not like him. I went to get him this evening for a soak, and he is breathing heavily, periodically coughing and making some gurgling breathing sounds. He's lethargic, and one eye is running. It's too late to go to the vets. Suggestions please?

I'm in the duck run, so I have not done a full search yet, but I'm hoping to get some help. Piglet is a one-year old Silver Appleyard male duck. Yesterday evening he was limping, and this morning it was worse. We started Epsom salt soaks and he was getting around but not like usual. Today he stayed in the run while everyone else was out--not like him. I went to get him this evening for a soak, and he is breathing heavily, periodically coughing and making some gurgling breathing sounds. He's lethargic, and one eye is running. It's too late to go to the vets. Suggestions please?
Sounds like a respiratory infection. If a vet is an option I would do that ASAP.

When he coughs, he shakes his head pretty aggressively and a clear liquid comes out.

Attachments

• 20180531_185709.jpg
    20180531_185709.jpg
    505.1 KB · Views: 20

Back
Top Bottom