Suddenly sick!

peeboo

Crowing
15 Years
Apr 9, 2008
fort bragg nc
My silkie hen has become sick in the last few hours. She was fine this morning and now she’s not. I saw her standing listless in my yard. She lost her appetite. I gave her a soak and she shot out this soft shelled white thing that doesn’t quite look like an egg. She’s still pushing and nothing is coming out. I don’t feel anything when I palpate her. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    512 KB · Views: 38
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    503.8 KB · Views: 9
Poor Silkie! I don't have much experience with this, but I'll comment to make your post more recent, so people can see/comment faster. Sorry I couldn't help! :(

You can try giving her some calcium citrate with D3 (or even some tums if that is all you have) to see if it helps her pass something. Did she seem any better after passing the white thing?

You can try giving her some calcium citrate with D3 (or even some tums if that is all you have) to see if it helps her pass something. Did she seem any better after passing the white thing?
No. She’s still very slow and the other hens attacked her right away so she’s back in my bathroom

Back
Top Bottom