Votes: 40 58.0%
  • No

Votes: 29 42.0%
  • Probably

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t think so

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
We just had a really nice guy out this evening who bought the rest of our Speckled Sussex pullets and he wanted a cockerel too, but we just gave away 5 cockerels yesterday to a local breeder with the means to process.
"You want a what?!"
🙃
He professed interest in more chickens in the future.
The swaps pages are never updated and for months I was finding none of them were active anymore. Then the breeder told us of a different swap that still is active twice a month!
I'm thinking that building a network of connections is probably a really good way to keep birds moving out.

ok, I sold 3 point of lay, 2 - eight week old and a rooster and 2 older hens.

I will cull the remaining roosters, and I will be where I want to be with a laying flock of 8 hens and a rooster, which will fit very well in my coop for winter.

Whew. I sold the point of lay for $15, and the 8 week old chicks for $10 and threw in the rooster and older hens. The lady who bought them is a good friend and had a wreck.

Mrs K

Was planning on selling this Cochin X EE cockerel to a guy.
4E836061-C741-4203-A768-4281B60933A0.jpeg

Beautiful boy, but I have too many cockerels. A guy was specifically looking for cochins/cochin mixes, so I offered this guy.
He said he will think about it.

What is a reasonable price for this 5 month old cockerel? (How much would you sell him for?) Not crowing and not mating yet.

I suppose as much as you would be willing to pay for him? I suck at selling, and would not ask for more than $5

I am just wondering about his legs? I am unfamiliar with Cochins - but I thought they had feathers on their legs?

Mrs K

I suppose as much as you would be willing to pay for him? I suck at selling, and would not ask for more than $5

I am just wondering about his legs? I am unfamiliar with Cochins - but I thought they had feathers on their legs?

Mrs K
Yes, they’re supposed to have feathered legs. But he’s a mix.

Back
Top Bottom