Suggestions for big cheep coop

Show Sebright

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
Apr 1, 2020
Orlando FL
Hay, I need some ideas how to make a dog coop for 10 birds. But it has to be cheep. It is for possible market birds. Also if possible lifted of the ground.

Can I make a hoop coop lifted off the ground? I like to avoid mites. I let all my birds out but I like to house them off dirt.

Can I make a hoop coop lifted off the ground? I like to avoid mites. I let all my birds out but I like to house them off dirt.
I'm sure that when sectioning off the coop part of the coop/run combo you could ad a floor, but I see no point in housing them off dirt if you're just going to let them out anyway.

I'm sure that when sectioning off the coop part of the coop/run combo you could ad a floor, but I see no point in housing them off dirt if you're just going to let them out anyway.
ok, yes I wanted to make sure they didn't have to sleep on the dirt.

We are in the same predicament. We need a bigger coop, and it seems like there are definitely many options, but not sure the cheapest you can go.

Regardless if you build one or if you buy one, I have yet to see anything cheaper than $500. Materials can get just as costly as buying something.

I was looking into doing the Chickshaw, which is about $800-900 for just the supplies. A wood Shed from home depot/menards is about $1000-$2000. Bigger chicken coops are from $800-1000+.

Following hopefully someone has some ideas.

Best bet is to look into getting some pallets, those you can find for almost nothing.

Back
Top Bottom