Suggestions for chicks for Long Island, NY

mom3

In the Brooder
12 Years
May 27, 2007
After what happened to us last year (6 chicks that ended up to be all roosters), I want to get chicks that are definitely little girls.
wink.png

We gave all 6 roosters back to the farmer, by the way.
Suggestions? Mail order? Where? How about just ordering from Agway, which is our local animal/farm/seed supply store. Agway orders them from somewhere else, I think.

I have no problem doing mail order, I just don't want them stressed on a long ride from TX to NY (Long Island).
Do I want them treated with antibodics?

Sorry for all the questions. I am wary as I don't want my kids upset after what happened with our chicks last year after raising them for weeks. My 7yr old still misses his.
sad.png

There is a small Hatchery in Pennsylvania called Moyers Chicks you have to order 20 chicks but thats pretty close to New York........... they have 2 types of chickens and you can order all hens and for a good price. www.moyerschicks.com

Or just ask your local feed store about chicks and if they dont have any just figure out where another one is its coming spring time so the feedstores should be getting some soon!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom