Suggestions for Mom gifts?

UrbanChickenSF

Chirping
6 Years
Feb 22, 2013
San Francisco, CA
Hey guys,

My boyfriend's mother has been going through some depression lately. Her husband (my boyfriend's father) died of brain cancer three years ago and she has been going through their journals, tapes, photographs... and it seems do be doing a bit more harm than it is healing.

We have great, constant communication, but she is in Germany and it's not like we can easily visit. Though we can't be there in person to comfort her, I suggested that my BF send her some little surprises now and then to make her day.

So far our ideas are:

-Occasional flowers
-Treats from the USA

Aaaand that's our list. Do you guys happen to have any other suggestions of things that we could send that wouldn't necessarily be a trigger for sad memories?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

-C

hmm , I'm not too sure. But my bff, has a mil in Germany.. I will see what she likes to send and get back to you..
I know for sure, pics of the grandkids, is top of her list.. If you don't have kids yet, how about, pics of your Husband, nice ones, good ones, him doing things he loves.. Even Send them bubble wrapped in a frame. I always send pics to the inlaws, in frames, cause I know they will never frame them..

I'm sorry to hear about your situation, I hope that with time and you and your boyfriend's love and support she'll be able to move on and fully enjoy life again.

As far as my suggestion: maybe anything that would keep her mind occupied? Like a nice puzzle, a good book or something else that would take her mind off of painful memories.

hmm , I'm not too sure. But my bff, has a mil in Germany.. I will see what she likes to send and get back to you..
I know for sure, pics of the grandkids, is top of her list.. If you don't have kids yet, how about, pics of your Husband, nice ones, good ones, him doing things he loves.. Even Send them bubble wrapped in a frame. I always send pics to the inlaws, in frames, cause I know they will never frame them..
No kids in our future! We will send some photos of our adventures! Though she has Facebook so I'm sure she has seen most of them. Perhaps we will send the ones that we do not post. Good idea about the frames. Thank you!
I'm sorry to hear about your situation, I hope that with time and you and your boyfriend's love and support she'll be able to move on and fully enjoy life again.

As far as my suggestion: maybe anything that would keep her mind occupied? Like a nice puzzle, a good book or something else that would take her mind off of painful memories.
Thank you so much for your kind words and feedback! Puzzles and books are a great idea. Thank you for that!

I would send something living like seeds. She will end up with lovely flowers or vegetables and have the pleasure of growing them and tending them. Recipes are a good idea as well because it encourages you to shop for the ingredients and get cooking. perhaps a lovely cake and she can invite friends to share. Contact is the main thing, just make her part of your circle so that she feels part of your lives. I'm sure that will be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom