Suggestions in re: These Ventilation Cartoons?

Here is woods'
Winter air flow and summer airflow
Hopefully when you draw it, you can show the greater airflow in summer.

Attachments

• 2EC1AA6B-CD62-4A4E-A715-211AC103FBE6.jpeg
    2EC1AA6B-CD62-4A4E-A715-211AC103FBE6.jpeg
    190.8 KB · Views: 9
And my three sided in the winter (windows, eaves, and ridge vent closed -only the whole south side open

And summer with eaves, ridge vent, windows as well as the whole south side open all the time. The doors opposite the windows open sometimes in the summer. I didn't know how to show the forth side but since it is optional, it doesn't matter much.

Attachments

• 73BA2C06-D4A8-4DFA-9666-D24630AB032E.jpeg
    73BA2C06-D4A8-4DFA-9666-D24630AB032E.jpeg
    362.4 KB · Views: 8
Here is woods'
Winter air flow and summer airflow
Hopefully when you draw it, you can show the greater airflow in summer.

Thanks. I don't know much about Woods Coops except that they're absolutely splendid for cold and temperate climates but not so suited to hot climates.

In the article, if you could write any tips for the Northern people, that would be great. I was so confused about ventilation in a climate that gets to 40 degrees below zero that I wish I had done some things differently now.

I can learn from the people who know these things.

This is a fun thread. I’ve been seeing a lot of single pitch coops lately. Including mine.

Those are easy to build and easy to ventilate properly with soffit vents at top and bottom of the roof slope.

Easier to build?
I designed and built mine myself. I was going for simplicity. Everything I did was in increments of four feet. The coop is 4x16 and 8 feet tall at the highest point. The run is 20x36 and 8 feet high. Every vertical post is 10 feet so 2 feet were buried for stability. Every door and gate is 4 feet wide. Then everything piece of lumber, ply wood etcetera, was 8 feet and I only had to cut once.

OK, no bikini. How's this look? Not too grim?

Should I have put her skirt on?

View attachment 3114896
Personal opinion:
For the drawing with the roasted hen, I would skip the handle and the arrow.
I immediately saw that the hen was dead and hot, but then I wondered "what is that thing doing? Is it a fan or something?"

So at least for me, that drawing would be more clear with the hen just cooked on her perch, instead of having a spit that rotates.

Back
Top Bottom