*suggestions welcome*

i dont know what to do. i dont have the heart to kill him. thats for sure. however if i gave him away to a good home. not to be someones meal would be better. at this point, i am just going to be cautious.

my husband and I were outside when the roo came over to my husband and started pecking the ground. my husband stood very still. said hello. the roo kept on pecking the ground, all the while getting closer to him, looking at the corner of his eye with his floppy comb dangling. i dunno. i called to him (the roo that is) and he came over to me, as the other hens did.

this is all very new to us, the rooster acting this way.

i am thinking on putting a fence into between where the kids play and the chickens free range. then i can feel more secure. i love having the chickens all over the yard, except when the roos around he is making me nervous and uneasy now.

thank you for all your feedback.
smile.png

I had this problem last year with one of the roos. You don't have to get rid of him but you do need to put him in his place and don't wait too long. He has already shown domination over the humans so don't let it go much longer. To put him in his place (in chicken talk) you would catch him trying to be naughty and then grab him and hold his head down to the ground for a few seconds. This is what another rooster would do to show him he isn't the boss. That is all he is trying to tell you. But some roosters will need this about every three months or so (or at least mine did) Just needs a reminder once in awhile. You may have to do this a couple of times to start with for him to get the message though. Good luck!

i am so thrilled!!! i put a gate up between where the chickens and ducks free range on one side of the pasture and where its safe for my kids and others!!!!!!!! wooooooottt
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom