Sultan Silkie Mix

Jharper

Songster
7 Years
Oct 20, 2012
Tifton, Ga

So I have a Sultan rooster and a Silkie hen. I have just recently hatched out their chicks. I was just wondering what kind of feathering they will have. If they will have silkie or regular feathering like a sultan. That's a picture if one of them above.

Last edited:
Thanks, I have a sultan hen but she didn't lay in time for me to put one of her eggs in the incubator.
They are absolutely gorgeous. I'm still in awe at how many different chicken breeds there are. Every time I see a new one I want it but thats what I think with every breed and I don't think it's possible for me
lol.png
Save her eggs for next hatch!! Good luck!

I do believe Sultan feathering. I read in one of the chicken books that the feathering of a silkie will not pass except with another silkie. Please keep us posted w/pics. I bet they will be pretty.

They are absolutely gorgeous. I'm still in awe at how many different chicken breeds there are. Every time I see a new one I want it but thats what I think with every breed and I don't think it's possible for me :lol:  Save her eggs for next hatch!! Good luck!

I've got one of her eggs sitting I'm they egg carton in my room. I'm getting my incubator out next week. Because I want some more sultans.

Back
Top Bottom