Sumatra Thread!

What day will the cockerel be a year old?
I have two cockerels who will be a year old on either the 4,5,6 th of July. Also my birthday is the ninth of July.
I have a older sumatra rooster, who all the hens just love. If my warrens are with a different cockerel they try to escape but when they are around this older cockerel they would be dust bathing and everything. And the cockerel has been known to get them laying.

We can't wait to see pics, good luck at the show! And I hope your foal is ok.
Thanks, so far so good at the show, we won't know about Best in Show until the dinner tonight but I am thinking it probably went to the gorgeous little call duck. My foal is doing much better thanks! He ended up having surgery at a few hours old but has been up and nursing and the swelling is pretty much gone.

Thanks, so far so good at the show, we won't know about Best in Show until the dinner tonight but I am thinking it probably went to the gorgeous little call duck.  My foal is doing much better thanks!  He ended up having surgery at a few hours old but has been up and nursing and the swelling is pretty much gone.
Oh no what was wrong? I'm glad he's nursing though. I used to be a vet tech for a horse vet and nursing is a great indicator he'll pull through! That's always been my fear to breed my mares, that something would go wrong.

what breed is the colt? Glad he's doing better for you
His mom is a POA I rescued in February, she is blind in one eye and going blind in the other, his sire was a full sized Appaloosa, he is VERY loudly colored, a chestnut with a full white blanket, 4 high white socks and a blaze. Thanks, he had an inguinal hernia ( which I thought it was weird, since most times at birth its and umbilical one, it was small at birth and within a couple of hours it got huge, so the intestines where actually starting to come through. poor guy. Seems all good now :)

Good luck! Wish I was there instead of working
I know, wish you could be here too kiddo, I know how much you love the shows, but I am bringing home a new bird :) A little crele game cock, he is so cocky and tough. I just love him, great color too so should work out great for our project.

droolin.gif
oo you got pictures of the lucky fella? Mine's a walkalossa (which turned out a solid bay with a question mark on her head and a hind sock) Hope all goes well with him and his mama

Back
Top Bottom