Sumatra Thread!

That's pretty impressive. I'm going to breed Sumatra Bantams. The ones I have are from a good line, and hopefully I can sell their chicks for a high price.

That is cool I sold a pair at the show for $80.00 then I sold a hen for $40.00 I really liked the way they all turned out but they where not the best ones I had and I really needed more space for the chicks that I am going to hatch out so I sold them.

Last edited:
I think this blue is the best one I have. He may have a light face but I keep him inside a lot. he has done very well at the shows the only reason he did not place champion AOSB is because he had three missing tail feathers even 4 of the poultry people one was a judge told me he should have won the class. oh well chickens will molt there feathers.

he looks good to me, face is about average for a blue male too. They just dont get jet black least I have yet to see one anywhere in the roosters. The hens do get pretty dark. But the face color on this blue male is about average for them.

Anyone in CT looking for "bantam" pair of blacks? I have a runty hen from shock lines(SQ) and a pet quality roo with a red face as a PAIR-25$ Just PM me if interested.

The site wont allow me to post in the selling forum. Keeps saying i can only have 1 classified but the only post I ever put up was like 9 months ago and its long gone now:(

Thanks!

You can get the black face in all birds. My Black Sumatra's are indoors 100% of the time and I just do not tolerate a red face whatsoever. I have gotten to the point that, even when raised indoors, the males I have in my breeding pens are all completely black faced. So, just breed and cull hard and you can get there in any of the birds.

You can get the black face in all birds. My Black Sumatra's are indoors 100% of the time and I just do not tolerate a red face whatsoever. I have gotten to the point that, even when raised indoors, the males I have in my breeding pens are all completely black faced. So, just breed and cull hard and you can get there in any of the birds.

Do you have any photos of your birds? Do you have Blues as well with dark faces?

Back
Top Bottom