Sumatra Thread!

So what about making Sumatra bantams look wild... They can't. Make them look gamier, and they end up looking like bugs.

Last edited:
that's because they breed them to black game bantams usually, I started the year before last to try and improve my bantams. I crossed to a large fowl and have a very nice little cockerel, he is a bit big of course, but I will be breeding him to my smallest hens this spring. I am working on it.. we'll see what happens in the next couple of years.

edited by staff

Last edited by a moderator:
that's because they breed them to black game bantams usually, I started the year before last to try and improve my bantams. I crossed to a large fowl and have a very nice little cockerel, he is a bit big of course, but I will be breeding him to my smallest hens this spring. I am working on it.. we'll see what happens in the next couple of years.

www.infinityheartfarm.com
You have a nice project going on there. Yea, I know. Bantam Sumatra Hens always look game bantamish. It's their tails. I have to say tho, that's innovative breeding, and a bit daring.

Ther are AMAZING bantams here in CA. Barbara Bullock shows them. She beats the Cornish classes of 100 sometimes with them. Very nice type, and good size too.

Back
Top Bottom