Sumatra Thread!

Quote:
yes that is true but it can be a down fall. what I do before I get rid of any of my sumatra's is I count up all the points and see which one has the lest amount of points taken away. It is a very effective way of culling I have not had one sumatra win lower than a 3ed place and I show a lot of sumatra's the most I have ever shown was 18 at a show. At next years show I will be attending I will have more and I know James and some other people that I have sold some of my sumatra to will be showing. you would be surprised how many people show sumatra's down here as well as chickens. at the Tuson Poultry pigeon and fancy fowl show there where about 1400 chickens at the show.

Last edited:
well my Sumatra hen now has 6 lil yokie crosses! she didn't brood them but she did a good job making some cute lil fluff balls! the yokie eggs failed to peep... anyone ever have this issue when incubating? they all grow but fail to peep. this is the 3rd hatch... about a dz and a half has been set and not a single one hatches...

I'm in England, and my dad had all his chicken killed. so my dad wanted to get some egg layers, he was talking about getting hybrids, i was laying get pure breads because they lay a lot and keep it up for a few years. so i looked on line for pure breads for sale local to us and the prices over here for chicken are unbelievable. here is a link to some of the breeds and what they are making.http://www.capralama.freeserve.co.uk/large fowl A-M.htm I'm living in the wrong country for chicken selling. my brother bought a golden Brahma hen for 25 and i thought that was a lot but over here a Brahma hen cost £60. Wow that's ridiculous pricing! Trying to think why so much...is poultry harder to find and more expensive?? -BOGGY BOTTOM- That is a LOTT of birds! I hope someday to expand my flock to a much greater amount but not sure I'd ever be able to make it that big. That's really a feat to be proud of, I mean maintaining that many chickens:)

you don't think they are my birds do you?
christ i only have about 14. we have 6 Sumatra's, 2 warrens,2 Araucanas,3 golden Brahmas,a blue bell.

Frank the father of sid.

the younger better looking hen i got from england.

The bantam.

My brithers Golden Brahma.

you don't think they are my birds do you?
christ i only have about 14. we have 6 Sumatra's, 2 warrens,2 Araucanas,3 golden Brahmas,a blue bell.

Frank the father of sid.

Who was this to? If me, I believe the birds are yours, im not sure how I came across that way since I said nothing about you owning or not owning them .....

BTW-decent looking Sumatra, I'm not a pro so I dont want to pick out the faults but I'm sure thats a rarity to have over there which is good for you!:)

As this latest batch of chicks hatch, it looks like we might have some platinum chicks. We had the blue bantam rooster running with black, blue, and dun hens. Then the khaki rooster was put in the pen, just to ensure fertility and it looks like it worked. The chicks are due Friday but I heard peeping in the incubator yesterday and of course, there were a few early hatches. Out of the 4 sumatra bantams hatched, there is a black, a blue, and 2 that look lavender colored (I'm guessing this is what platinum looks like?)

my yokoXsumatra cross chicks!

Back
Top Bottom