Sumatra Thread!

Hi all, I'm excited because it's 12 days tomorrow and my eggs should hatch. My dad has chicks hatching this weekend,my grandpa has set about 40/45 sumatra and Yokohama and Phoenix eggs in the incubator. If all of the eggs my dad and grandpa have set hatch, there will be 75 chicks at my dads. I have seen a ad on ebay for some blue Sumatras, I quite like the cockerel, what do you guys think?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6-Rare-Bl...t=UK_Pet_Supplies_Poultry&hash=item2a39e014d4

Hi all, I'm excited because it's 12 days tomorrow and my eggs should hatch. My dad has chicks hatching this weekend,my grandpa has set about 40/45 sumatra and Yokohama and Phoenix eggs in the incubator. If all of the eggs my dad and grandpa have set hatch, there will be 75 chicks at my dads. I have seen a ad on ebay for some blue Sumatras, I quite like the cockerel, what do you guys think?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6-Rare-Bl...t=UK_Pet_Supplies_Poultry&hash=item2a39e014d4
Good luck with your grandpa's, dad's, and your hatches.

Raph that blue Sumatra rooster and hen are only single spurred. I believe most of us like them to have more than one spur per leg. I really like the way their heads look, but the feathers don't look like they have any lacing. Personally I would not buy any of the eggs, unless it's almost impossible to buy them anywhere else.
I don't know what your show standard says so I don't know if they are considered show quality Sumatras.

Raph that blue Sumatra rooster and hen are only single spurred. I believe most of us like them to have more than one spur per leg. I really like the way their heads look, but the feathers don't look like they have any lacing. Personally I would not buy any of the eggs, unless it's almost impossible to buy them anywhere else.
I don't know what your show standard says so I don't know if they are considered show quality Sumatras.
I know what I look for in birds, and also wouldn't buy these for myself. But as Troyer pointed out, since you seem to want to show sumatras, you should decide based on what your standard says for the sumatra. Best of luck to you in your choice.

By the way, how's it going with your building projects?

Got some pics of the platinum pullet. Her lacing is faded and not as distinct as normal but I figure she must get that from the duns because our duns sun bleach prettt quick.

Just like the OEGB breeders do. produce something unexpected? Don't cull it, name it. :-]

Just like the OEGB breeders do. produce something unexpected? Don't cull it, name it. :-]
Well except we knew we would get platnium crossing blues and duns, not sure who first came up with the color or named it but we weren't the first, maybe the OEGB breeders? We had a phoenix breeder around here that used to name her colors like Lemon Blue Mahagony Brown instead of Blue Golden Duckwing, always loved that.

Back
Top Bottom