Sumatra Thread!

Are Sumatras more drama-inducing than other breeds? I joined for the pics (getting me a yard-candy hatchery Sumatra next month) like I did for my other eye candy breeds...and this thread always seems more dramatic than most. More pics and less fighting please!
I don't think that we are more drama inducing than other breeds, we all for the most part get along very well and love the input others have there is just one who seems to cause the most drama and is why I have chosen to block them because their opinion is the only right one, but there are others that have great information and input, BGMatt, NYReds, Fowlman, NWSumatras, all have great info and many years of experience. There are others that are great caring people that love this breed and enjoy the company and learning from probably some of the best in the business I am passionate about this breed and absolutely love them, I can get fired up myself sometimes, but I never take it personal and I am never to old to learn something new! :)

Im posting pictures because I know everyone enjoys looking at pictures as much I do
lol.png

These are pictures of some of my 9 week old Sumatra bantams. Here is a pair of blacks. The male's head is amazing!
yesss.gif

I cant wait to see the adult feathers!
caf.gif

Modeling the modern game way.

This is a blue bantam male that is 9 weeks as well. The color is promising but the head is well
barnie.gif

A blue pair of a 9 and 8 week olds. I enjoy watching the color change, but hopefully in a good way on these blues. Enjoy!

Katrina

Last edited:

Im posting pictures because I know everyone enjoys looking at pictures as much I do
lol.png

These are pictures of some of my 9 week old Sumatra bantams. Here is a pair of blacks. The male's head is amazing!
yesss.gif

I cant wait to see the adult feathers!
caf.gif

Modeling the modern game way.

This is a blue bantam male that is 9 weeks as well. The color is promising but the head is well
barnie.gif

A blue pair of a 9 and 8 week olds. I enjoy watching the color change, but hopefully in a good way on these blues. Enjoy!

Katrina
Great pictures, thanks for sharing.

Thanks for sharing the pics they look really nice. So far in our Bantams I noticed the blue lightens in the females. Good luck with them hope to see them this fall! The puyallup show you mentioned awhile back, was that the mother earth news fair one the end of may?

Thank you everyone! I go a little camera crazy at times. You are lucky I do not post pictures everyday! lol.

Oh and Nora, I sadly will not be able to show at the mother earth one. I might visit it though. Are you planning on going? I notice that the pullets do lighten a little too, and so do the male's faces....grrrr.

Katrina
we are thinking about going. Waiting for the catalog to come out :) and trying to go through and pull out of breeding pens this weekend and see if we can get some ready

I guess I should definitely plan on going to visit. I didn't go last year but Matt said it was an okay show.

Fortyfivefarm, thank you :) that bird has caught my eyes as well.

I guess I should definitely plan on going to visit. I didn't go last year but Matt said it was an okay show.

Fortyfivefarm, thank you :) that bird has caught my eyes as well.

You definitely should, it's smaller, about 400 birds, but enjoyable, and the Mother Earth News Fair is a really interesting and fascinating event by itself. Enter a bird if you can as it will save you admission costs.

Back
Top Bottom