Summer Storms are here...scary! **PICS**

How you respond to storms really is colored by your own experiences with how unforgiving mother nature can be....

I do love watching good storms, never fails to remind me how very insignificant I am. But, we got hit by a wind sheer last year and a lightining strike this year. Not nearly as damaging as chickenlickens! (awesome pic BTW scary!) It hit the house and all the hair on my arm stood up! The clap made my ears ring!

I'm a native Floridian and lightning is just a fact of life here. Had it hit so close on two different occasions that the thunderclap knocked me on my behind. I like a good storm, but that was a mite close.

But even if you live in the Tampa-Melbourne corridor your chances of ever encountering lightning in a dangerous way are mighty slim if you have sense enough not to play golf in a thunderstorm or something equally dumb.

The rainy season humidity can really be a drag at times, but it sure beats sub-freezing weather for months on end!

A.T. Hagan :

I'm a native Floridian and lightning is just a fact of life here. Had it hit so close on two different occasions that the thunderclap knocked me on my behind. I like a good storm, but that was a mite close.

But even if you live in the Tampa-Melbourne corridor your chances of ever encountering lightning in a dangerous way are mighty slim if you have sense enough not to play golf in a thunderstorm or something equally dumb.

The rainy season humidity can really be a drag at times, but it sure beats sub-freezing weather for months on end!

Eggsactly! on the golfers
lol.png

and dont forget the parasailers here hit by lightning!

In fact our 2 worst storms were in KY ..... once when I was grooming yearlings for the yearly sales my son was entertaining himself riding his trike up and down the aisles and then decided to watch the rain pour out of the guttering....the lightning hit the roof..guttering and then him ...knocking his off his trike...he cried more from shock and outrage than anything
gig.gif

Then a HUGE storm hovered over our 40 acre property one night for 2 hours ( I think It got stuck) LOL lightning hit our front porch because of the electric bug zapper out there and turned the whole area blue for what seemed like minutes ..thunder was so loud and continuous the ground was trembling like an earthquake and the lightning so frequent my eyes couldn't adjust between flashes....yep it was bad....2 month old DD slept through the whole thing with me in our waterbed ( I wasnt asleep) just stupid
gig.gif
and lucky.​

hide.gif
I've actually been enjoying the storms. But my house hasn't been hit by lightening either! I'm sure that would change the enjoyment factor to nonexistant!

Where is Valrico? I'm in Ocala.

Back
Top Bottom