Sundown?? Sonoran?? Anyone? Please help me with these silkies!

Thank you Cammy!

I appreciate you voicing your opinions!

That is my hunch too... now i have to figure out some way to hush Clyde when he starts crowing!

I am illegally owning chickens, but that only makes it more adventurous!

LOL

paintedsavvy:

Thanks! I really enjoy them! They are constantly talking to each other (actually, complaining I think LOL)

big_smile.png

Not sure about keeping him quiet, my Silkie Roo Crows all day long!!! But, they are not all the same. There are some that are less noisy.

Maybe, you could bribe the neighbors with eggs.

How big is the comb on Clyde? I can't see the comb in the pics. To me, Clyde really looks like a pullet/hen in the first 3 photos but, the last photo looks a little rooish.

OK, I am not at all positive about either Clyde or Pepper, but if I had to guess, I would say pullet and cockerel in that order based upon the photos. This of course puts me at odds with everyone else. The buff is definitely a pullet. How old are they?

Quote:
See I thought Clyde would be the boy and Pepper the girl. Clyde is by far the biggest and more skittish than Pepper. She will let you pick her up and hold her for as long as you want....

hu.gif

Quote:
That is so cute! We will do a vote at my house on whether or not Bonnie is fitting!

Last edited:
Quote:
See I thought Clyde would be the boy and Pepper the girl. Clyde is by far the biggest and more skittish than Pepper. She will let you pick her up and hold her for as long as you want....

FWIW, many more of my boys are calm about being picked up and held than are my girls
smile.png

Since Clyde and Pepper are not photographed together, size differences are not apparent. I will repeat that I am NOT making any gender guarantees (except for Buff Bonnie) In person I would be looking at behavior, how they walk, noises made, interactions to help me determine gender--can't do any of that in an online thread
hu.gif
Oh, and I'd check trhe amount of space between their pelvic bones. Not always a determinant, but it usually adds some weight.

Last edited:
Quote:

FWIW, many more of my boys are calm about being picked up and held than are my girls
smile.png

Since Clyde and Pepper are not photographed together, size differences are not apparent. I will repeat that I am NOT making any gender guarantees (except for Buff Bonnie) In person I would be looking at behavior, how they walk, noises made, interactions to help me determine gender--can't do any of that in an online thread
hu.gif
Oh, and I'd check trhe amount of space between their pelvic bones. Not always a determinant, but it usually adds some weight.

Clyde is the one who walks straight up, erect, Pepper is more hunched. Pepper also makes "distressed" honks constantly. Clyde is more of a peeper. When scared, Pepper tries to hide underneath Clyde.

Does that give you more of an idea?

(oh and I appreciate your help by the way.)

Back
Top Bottom